HSSE Advisor DACH Trading & Supply in Germany
Job Ref: 104962BR
Country of Work Location: Germany
City, State (if applicable): Hamburg
Work Location: Hamburg – Pentahof
Skillpool: Operational HSSE
Here’s an opportunity to grow your career by working across all aspects of Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE). We’re looking for an experienced colleague with a drive for continuous improvement to consistently meet our high global standards of safety, quality and operational excellence.
Where you fit in
Trading and Supply (T&S) is the central nervous system for Shell, linking its businesses together by making sure the right products are delivered at the right time to the right market for our customers – whether those customers are Shell businesses or third parties.
In Germany, Austria, Switzerland (DACH) T&S completes the supply chain with seven Shell terminals and a network of road transport routes in addition to rail and barge transports. During all our business operations at Shell we aim to have a Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) performance we can be proud of, namely no harm to people or the environment.
Therefore, HSSE factors are key drivers in every step of the value chain, from strategic projects to operations on site or on the road.
What’s the role?
As senior HSSE advisor you provide support and assurance to the Trading & Supply Leadership Team as well as the operations and engineering teams on site, which manage seven depots as well as the contracted road and rail fleet. In this role you are responsible to drive the journey for achieving a generative safety culture through tailored HSSE initiatives for the business units of T&S, including Engineering Operations, Terminal Operations and Road Transport in DACH. Some of the main responsibilities are to:
- Coordinate initiatives to drive continuous improvement in HSSE awareness
- Ensure HSSE compliance and keep up-to-date emergency response plans
Assess/improve existing HSSE procedures and lead HSSE audits
- Manage HSSE reporting through support of incident notification and classification
- Analyze T&S incident statistics for management reporting requirements and properly identify areas for improvement
- Work in close cooperation with the Road Transport Managers and Compliance Coordinators to ensure a safe Road Transport business
- Provide support in terms of process safety for engineering projects as well as on several personal safety requirements
- Be part of the regional HSSE Leadership team and lead the HSSE advisors’ team in DACH as a senior expert (leading without formal authority, no direct reports)
What we need from you
As this role requires subject matter expert advisory for a wide range of audiences we are looking for a candidate with excellent stakeholder management and communication skills on top of HSSE expertise, as well as:
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in engineering or business studies
HSSE experience in the operational environment with direct HSSE field role.
- Understanding of German legislation for construction and operation of assets in the oil and gas industry are beneficial
Solid communication and interdisciplinary skills to build strong relationships within the team and the region incl. enabling change and improving processes and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexible and self-starting with a technical aptitude.
- Fluency in English and German (spoken and written)