HSES Team Lead Oman
LOCATION: Middle East
HOB REF: VAC-62249
My client, a national Operator, are currently recruiting for a new NGL plant project based in Oman.
This will be a long-term, residential opportunity.
HSES Team Lead: Reports to the Maintenance Manager
Under general direction of, and with delegated authority from, the NGL Plant Manager, manage all aspects of the HSES Department, as owner of its standards, by providing comprehensive health, safety, environment, security, and assurance oversight and services to other departments and contractors for the overall safe, smooth and reliable 24 hours/day operations:
(1) Provide HSE services and support as appropriate for business to comply with licence to operate requirements, safety, plant integrity and process safety, and emergency response to support yearly and longer-term plans and objectives;
(2) Provide quality management assurance services in accordance with ISO 9001:2015. Apply operational excellence and continuous improvement principles to enhance effectiveness and business competitiveness.
(3) Ensure effective collaboration with other departments and functions in a matrix organization with the vertical line to deliver expected outcomes.
(4) Ensure proper organizational capacity for business continuity including mentoring and developing staff with special emphasis on Oman nationals.
(5) Ensure the efficient quality and value added services to customers, reinforcing a culture of safety compliance, facilities, operations and activities in terms of industry best international practices and provide a safe working environment and contribute to the production targets of the Facilities.
” HND or Degree in Fire Safety Engineering or approved engineering equivalent
” NEBOSH Certification preferred
” IRCA Approved Lead Auditor of Environmental Management System ISO 14001 preferred
” IRCA Approved Lead Auditor of Occupational Health & Safety Management System OHSAS 18001 preferred
” Fifteen (15) years relevant HSE experience in Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, or Refinery industry including six (6) years’ experience in similar senior position
” Cold or cryogenic experience preferred
” Security experience preferred
” Assurance experience preferred