HSE Technician United States – Lyondellbasell
This position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and conducting leak detection and repair (LDAR) activities in a manner that ensures the quality and integrity of the facility LDAR program.
Responsibilities and requirements of this position include:
- Working directly with LDAR Supervisor and fugitive emissions contractor in planning and coordinating LDAR activities.
- Lead the LDAR MOC program including projects related to turnarounds and site expansions.
- Promoting a Goal Zero culture with the LDAR contractor.
- Interacting with Operations and other plant personnel to ensure a consistent understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Acting as a liaison with regulatory agencies during inspections.
- Interpreting and communicating regulatory requirements and effectively identifying solutions when rule ambiguity exists.
- Developing and improving LDAR compliance systems.
- Representing the site in trade organizations and best practice groups.
The position requires a high school diploma and 3 to 5 years of chemical plant, refinery and/or maintenance experience. Proficiency working with P&ID’s, Microsoft Excel, and LDAR software (LeakDAS) is preferred. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required since this position interacts with several other departments and associates.