HSE Technician Canada
- Supports HSE Supervisor and HSE organization.
- Conducts HLO duties, including leading new passenger orientations. Maintains HSE filing system.
- Participates in Incident Command System (ICS).
- Responsible for HSE equipment inventory, calibration and conducts Permit to Work site inspections, maintaining a 10% audit.
- Utilizes STOP system process and perform positive interventions. Participates in JSA reviews.
- Facilitates HSE tracking log review with management.
- Responsible for HSE data gathering.
- Plans emergency drills. Participates in MOC Process. (i.e. PSR PPSR). Conducts materials requisition.
- Owns incident investigations, audits and inspections.
- Records and reports environmental discharges.
- Audits waste segregation onboard.
- Uses Impact for information pertaining to incidents and audits.
- Typically 5 – 7 years of experience. Experienced level. Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of technology, applications, terminology, and procedures required of job function.
- Performs varied and more complex tasks. Makes decisions within broad parameters.
* Partner with Construction, Operations & Well Engineering team in implementing Health, Safety and Environmental Management System
* Ensuring that the HSE processes of hazard identification, incident investigation and auditing are executed at maximum efficiency
* Oversee BU HSE systems to ensure that adequate levels of high reliability are occurring and timely learning and sharing of information is taking place
* Ensure communication and consistency in HSE culture across all field operations teams
* Support senior field operations management in their HSE roles
* Interface with regulatory agencies to ensure a strong and cooperative relationship is maintained
* Liaise with contractors to ensure expectations are understood and that their HSE management systems are fully developed and implemented while working on sites
* Ability to positively influence others and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions
* Proven networking skills
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Demonstrated leadership qualities
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office & HSE Management System
* Ability to work a 14/14 rotation
* Legally authorized to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions.