Employment Type: Full time
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
Country: United States of America
City/State: Deer Park Work
Location: Deer Park
What’s the role –
Manage all aspects of environmental reporting through multiple environmental software systems. Subject Matter Expert for all environmental data software reporting and management tools as well as company supported software systems. Support the digitalization of environmental reporting and data by maximizing system/software automation.
- Generate SARA 311, 312 (Tier II), and 313 (TRI) reports. This includes collection of data, analysis, and data entry into computer databases as necessary with appropriate overview. Review new and updated MSDS for SARA hazards and maximum storage quantities. Collection of annual source activity, production and purchasing, and pollution prevention data.
- Manage data and data systems such as FIM, OpsInfo, PowerBI, automated compliance files, etc
- Prepare Annual Hazardous Waste and Solid Waste reports, Quarterly Hazardous Waste taxes, as well as supporting documentation.
- Assist Water/Waste Coordinator in preparing Monthly Discharge Monitoring reports as well as supporting documentation.
- Provide backup support to Water/Waste Coordinator when necessary.
- Provide analytical/technical support to Air Program Coordinators (Refinery and Chemicals) when available. This can include various air emission calculations (ERIC, tank emissions, flaring, venting, etc.).
- Interface with the site MSDS Coordinator in the collection of new and updated chemicals in order to maintain OPS environmental and material databases.
- Serves as focal point and subject matter expert for data collection of Environmental Data for entry into Global Performance Management Reporting (GPMR) and Shell Environmental Reporting System (SERS), including GHG, CO2e, etc.
- Responsible for implementing critical enhancements in the way the site adheres to the Shell Performance Monitoring and Reporting (PMR) requirements to significantly improve data reporting accuracy and timeliness.
- Provide technical review and analysis of environmental data and emissions trends (e.g., Waste, Water, GHG, CO2e, TRI, criteria pollutants, and toxic pollutants) and perform air emissions calculations in support of GPMR compliance.
- Communicate emission trend data and key messages to the SLT and ELT.
- Environmental Focal Point for the site Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) Program leading site-wide improvements in how we properly manage Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) in accordance with international standards (Montreal Protocol), US EPA regulations, and Shell HSSE & SP Control Framework requirements.
Apply Also For: Entry level Health and Safety Advisor Job in London
- Assists with Continuous Emissions Monitoring (CEM) Quality Assurance program; reviewing and validating CEM data to comply with regulatory procedures. Coordinates and collaborates with the Environmental Department to assist with MOCs, performing emissions calculations, and providing support on various environmental regulatory and reporting issues.
- Assist with agency (EPA/DEQ) inspections, completing any follow-up action items, and communicating inspection findings to the environmental department and managers as necessary.
- Part of the environmental duty rotation.
- Meet all regulatory and internal deadlines.
- Verify the accuracy of all information for submittal to regulatory agencies.
- Provide support for the annual internal/external ISO 14001 audits. Provide support for the HSSE & SP Control Framework audit as the SME for PMR, GHG, CO2e, and ODS.
Collaborate with the Environmental Department for compliance determinations and to develop strategies that support business needs. Work with a wide range of technical and operating personnel, agency personnel, and corporate resources at all levels, including the DS Global Manufacturing Reporting Focal Point and the DS HSSE Performance Reporting and Data Analysis Group. Must have high level of organization and attention to detail, specifically in the areas of data analysis and regulatory interpretation/compliance. Must prioritize and manage large numbers of reporting and compliance activities simultaneously. Must be adept at requesting and obtaining essential data from various Norco staff and contractors to fulfill compliance obligations. Must demonstrate ability to build strong positive working relationships based on a high level of trust and credibility with agency personnel, operations and maintenance personnel, and managers, supervisors, and staff. Must respond quickly and efficiently to sudden and complex issues, while continuing to balance routine tasks.
Apply Also For: HSQE Advisor Job in Birmingham
Skills and Requirements
What we need from you –
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- BS in engineering or related equivalent.
- At least five (5) years experience in environmental regulatory reporting experience for environmental compliance programs in a refinery or chemical plant.
- Data management software system experience/expertise.
- Proven track record of productivity when challenged with multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong relationship and leadership skills demonstrating initiative, honesty, integrity, courage, and respect.