HSE Supervisor – Red Dog Mine, USA
Job Ref: AK-NAN01141
Company: NANA Construction
Primary Location: US-AK-Red Dog Mine
Closing Date (Period for Applying) – External: Jun 29, 2018, 7:59:00 AM
Deadline to Fill: Jun 30, 2018
Responsible for advising on all aspects of health, environment, and assisting with general safety duties, promotes development of a positive safety culture to mitigate occupational and environmental risks, and monitors all work in progress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and conducts safety, health and environmental training.
- Performs health and safety audits and inspections.
- Prepares policies and standards and documentation for health and safety issues.
- Develops and implements HSE plans, i.e., develop, compose, review, and approve safety documentation for associated project scopes, and ensure that they meet or exceed the company’s safety requirements.
- Promotes good health, safety and environmental practices.
- Propose, implements and monitors measures necessary to comply with mandated codes and requirements.
- Assists with business development activities including proposals, tender documentation and assessments.
- Provides root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for related concerns.
- Assists and supports quality management in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
- Participates in post incident debriefing.
- Respirator use required as well as participation in lead/cadmium blood monitoring program
- And other related duties as may be assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- BA/BS college or university degree in occupational safety and health or related fields of study in occupational health, environmental or sciences; i.e., industrial hygiene, fire protection, and environmental protection; is preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years industrial construction experience as an HSE Supervisor or directly related role. Industrial Demolition experience required.
- MSHA/Mining experience preferred.
- Certification in HSE or Industrial Hygiene (CHST, OHST, CSP, ASP, CIH).
- Intermediate skillset with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under company vehicle insurance policy.