HSE Supervisor Maersk Lagos, Nigeria
Job title: HSE Supervisor
Specialized area: Health Safety Security environment and Quality
Job Ref.: AT-145932
About APM Terminal
|APM Terminals Apapa, a part of the Lagos port complex, is the largest container facility by capacity of the three serving Lagos, Nigeria’s largest city and business center. It is also the largest container terminal operation in west Africa having doubled container traffic after concession began in 2006, with drastic improved productivity.
- Assists in the development and delivery of the company’s HSE functions, implementing policies, procedures and systems to provide for a HSE business operation.
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of Health, Safety and Environmental standards and Loss Prevention measures.
- Represents the HSE department within the port related to HSE in order to ensure a mutual understanding of the Company’s goals and requirements, and to work in a co-operative partnership with local resources.
- Inspects organisation facilities and audits records to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Reports all HSE incidents and assists the HSE Supervisor incident root cause analysis and assess risks to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Assists in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organisation in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations. Compiles and submits accident reports required by the HSE department. Maintains safety files and records.
- Assists in the development and delivery of training to terminal staff and third party members.
- Observe the provisions of the relevant APMT Apapa policies and procedures.
- Ensure that APMT Apapa HSE policy and procedures are observed as well as all relevant safety legislation and the provisions of the relevant Government of Nigeria HSE Acts.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives. This includes providing suggestions and input to changes and improvements in all policies and procedures (mentioned in this section or otherwise)
- Inform superior as soon as possible if any general or specific task cannot be performed adequately or timely due to influences beyond your control.
- Requires minimum B.sc/ HND/Certificate qualification (e.g,NEBOSH)
- Requires a proven record of HSE related experience preferably from port operations and/or heavy equipment industry.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and experience in handling dangerous goods and emergency situations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should login to Maersk online to Apply