HSE Supervisor France
Requisition ID: 2018-26567
Work Location: FR-Aix-en-provence
Department / Discipline: HSSE
Position Type: Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Please note that the successful candidate for this vacancy must either currently be based in France or be aware there are no relocation expenses available to support.
Wood is recruiting for a HSE Advisor to work on the ITER Project based in Aix-en-Provance, France.
- Proactively deliver and whenever possible exceed the agreed quality, environment health and safety objectives of the organization.
- Ensure Health, Safety & environment compliance with French laws and regulations. Liaison Project Team and subcontractors to ensure safe systems of work are implemented.
- Directly reporting to the CMA overall HSE Manager and supporting them in their duties
- Continuous monitoring and carry out safety audits and inspection at the project sites including HSE systems and policy. Provide recommendations and monitor effectiveness of actions.
- Implementation of overall safety activities in the field, logistical support to construction, record keeping based on international and local safety regulation standards
- Responsible for ensuring that Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments are carried out prior to authorisation of work being executed
- Responsible for investigating incidents / accidents on site and reporting outcomes to client
- Raising non-compliances Reporting (NCR). Review NCR generated by the QHSE Engineer and take necessary actions, issuance & preparation of Job Hazard Analysis
- Promoting the quality assurance as well as Health & Safety Environment awareness in all levels of organization
- Supporting the CMA overall HSE manager in the monthly contractor meetings and develop an inclusive workforce culture
- HSE training and development of our workers and works contractors – mentoring as required
Skills / Qualifications
- NEBOSH Certificate or European / French Equivalent
- IOSH membership or European / French equivalent
- Accident investigation experience