HSE Supervisor Damen Shipyards Group Rotterdam
Experience: 5+ years
Location: Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam (Schiedam)
Level of Education: Bachelor
Job Area: HSEQ
Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam is looking for an HSE Supervisor.
Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam BV (DSR) is located in the heart of the Port of Rotterdam. Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam has more than 300 employees, a head office in Schiedam and a second office in Pernis. DSR specializes in maintenance, repair and conversion of ships and other marine objects. Damen Shiprepair Rotterdam is part of Damen Shipyards Group, Gorinchem.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The HSE supervisor is responsible for checking all HSE aspects in the preparation and execution of work on the site.
- Continuously improve HSE knowledge and HSE awareness to ensure good HSE quality.
- Provide good HSE information and advice for project risk analyzes (HAZID, HAZOP) so that HSE risks are kept to a minimum.
- Contribute to HSE customer audits
- Support the project management
- Perform workplace inspections.
- Preparing / taking care of toolboxes.
- Support the project management so that all HSE aspects required by the yard and the customer are well embedded in project plans.
- Performing and recording incident surveys and making improvement proposals where necessary or desired.
The HSE supervisor is expected to point out to his employees their behavior and to take corrective action where necessary. This also applies to subcontractors and operational managers, who he points to their responsibility in the HSE field.
In addition, it is expected that he reports unsafe situations or otherwise dangerous circumstances or unsafe behavior to the Operations Manager and / or department manager.
- MBO / HBO course-oriented training MVK is an advantage;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar job;
- Demonstrable knowledge of health and safety legislation, HSE systems and standards;
- Affinity with ship repair or production environment within the industry;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (word and writing);
- Good control of Microsoft Office packages;
- Works in a structured, planned and result-oriented manner;
- Is socially and communicatively skilled, has persuasiveness and can make the translation from theory to practical solutions (inventive);
- A Hands-on and no 9 to 5 mentality.