HSE Specialist Schlumberger India
The HSE Specialist supports local Management in establishing and continuously improving HSE culture within the worksite.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
1. To develop Managers’ awareness and ensure HSE is an integral part of Line Management responsibilities and objectives.
2. To assist Line Management in:
- Understanding and implementing the HSE Management System.
- Monitoring HSE objectives.
- Liaising with local contractors, and agencies regarding HSE.
- Assessing local HSE risks.
- Generating local HSE procedures, work instructions, and checklists as required.
- Preparing and monitoring HSE plans that define how the HSE Management System is implemented at the location level.
- Monitoring compliance with policies, standards, and procedures.
- Plan and assist in compliance audits and self-audits (HSE MS, HSE and Product Line standards).
3. To advise Management on corrective action required.
4. To coordinate and actively participate in the screening and HSE training of all personnel, including contractors.
5. To keep abreast of any new documentation and training material related to HSE and to inform management accordingly.
6. To ensure that the relevant HSE documentation is updated and available on the site.
7. To advise Management on the level of compliance of the local HSE program with Schlumberger, local and national requirements/regulations of the host country.
8. To actively monitor and follow-up on HSE reports and facilitate LPT meetings, HSE audits.
9. To support line management in investigations of failures and accidents.
10. To develop and maintain a high level of awareness among all personnel through communications, training, and promoting active involvement of employees in HSE.
11. To recommend improvements to the HSE program.
12. Regular reviews through internal Quality and Safety system to ensure logged data is correct and up to date.
13. To analyze HSE trends for the location.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- HSE expert skills
- Good English communication skills
- Basic computer skills with ability to advance
- Minimum 3 years experienced in HSE related positions.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree preferred; equivalent experience will be considered
- Completion of the NEBOSH International Certificate (or equivalent)