HSE Specialist III FLUOR United States
Location: Crystal River, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 107548BR
The purpose of this position is to promote and sustain a safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) related problems. These problems include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
• Maintain a functioning knowledge of Company specific HSE standards, programs and goals and applying HSE procedures as established by the Company on a project site or in an office through training
• Promote HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Company and/or project to foster a safe and productive work environment
• Provide support in the development of routine HSE project plans and HSE specifications
• Provide input to simple surveys, audits, evaluations, inspections, and investigations of incidents and activities to monitor and track HSE standards, programs and goals including project environmental data collection and documentation
• Maintain reports or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring application of HSE standards and goals
• Adhere to and support Fluor’s Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Other duties as assigned
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and one (1) year of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to five (5) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
• Gather industry-wide HSE-related information and data as directed by supervisor for review and possible application
• Occasionally assist with the activities of subordinates when requested by supervisor
• May represent the Company in outside HSE organizations
• Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations.