HSE Specialist England
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: VR/43841
Our Client is looking to hire an HSE Specialist to join their team in Cambridge on a Staff basis. Therefore suitable suitable candidates will reside in or near Cambridge.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
1) To develop Managers’ awareness and ensure HSE is an integral part of Line Management responsibilities and objectives.
2) To assist Line Management in:
a) Understanding and Implementing the HSE Management System.
b) Monitoring HSE objectives.
c) Liaising with local contractors, and agencies regarding HSE.
d) Assessing the local risks.
e) Generating local HSE procedures, work instructions and checklists as required.
f) Preparing and monitoring HSE plans that define how the HSE Management System is implemented at location level.
g) Monitoring compliance to policies, standards and procedures.
h) Plan and assist in compliance audits and self-audits (HSE MS, HSE and Product Line standards).
3) To advise Management on corrective action required.
4) To coordinate and actively participate in the screening and HSE training of all personnel, including contractors.
5) To keep abreast of any new documentation and training material related to HSE and to inform management accordingly.
6) To ensure that the relevant HSE documentation is updated and available on the site.
7) To advise Management on the level of compliance of the local HSE program with Schlumberger, local and national requirements/regulations of the host country.
8) To actively monitor & follow-up on HSE reports and facilitate LPT meetings, HSE audits.
9) To support line management in investigations of failures and accidents.
10) To develop and maintain a high level of awareness among all personnel through communications, training, and promoting active involvement of employees in HSE.
11) To recommend improvements to the HSE program.
12) Regular Quest reviews to ensure the logged data is correct and up to date.
13) To analyze HSE trends for the location.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
1) University degree or Masters degree preferred; equivalent experience to be considered
2) HSE recognized as strength by peer and manager
3) Good communication skills
4) Basic computer skills
5) HSE Professional training of step 1-4. Completion of the NEBOSH International Certificate (or equivalent)