HSE Specialist Bakerhughes Aberdeen
Job Number: 1809200
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
The HSE Specialist – Aberdeen will provide HSE support and direction in the area of Health, Safety and Environmental stewardship to ensure compliance with BHGE global strategy driving continuous improvement in HSE.
The position will play a key and integral role in compliance of legal and BHGE policies and procedures. Raising awareness of Process Safety, Risk reduction and assessment initiative. Supporting the management with HSE initiatives to ensure we are advancing HSE Culture.
- Assist in compliance reviews, audits, general risk assessments and other safety assessment to support HSE management.
- Plan HSE initiatives coordinating efforts towards an incident free workplace and completely compliance with laws, regulations, internal policies, and customer requirements.
- Roll out new programs, new procedures, and new standards. Collaborate with product companies’ advisors to share and receive learnings outside the assigned area and align with Global programs.
- Serve as focal point for local management, helping to improve HSE culture and promote risk reduction strategies.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Review and monitor both Leading and Lagging indicators to help develop key learnings and opportunities for improvements.
- Review programs implementation to ensure compliance.
- Participate in HSE tenders.
- Maintain relevant HSE documentation.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- HSE experience in Oil and Gas industry preferred.
- Field experience or cross product/services experience would be an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport and influence across matrix structures, with management and leadership and through others.
- Demonstrated skills in time management and managing multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, procedures and legislative process, would be an asset.
- Health, Safety and Environmental Certifications would be an asset.