HSE Specialist Abu Dhabi, UAE
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Type: Fulltime
CH2M is hiring a Senior Safety Engineer to join the PMC team for a significant onshore field development in Abu Dhabi. The project includes expansion of an onshore crude production field by 143,000 barrels a day (b/d). The project will also include construction of infrastructure facilities of wells, GOSP facilities and gas re-injection facilities.
- Identification of HSE requirements for a given project, planning and implementation of associated activities.
- Review /Preparation of HSE Plan / HSE Procedures as per the Company requirements and standards.
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices
- Understand and implement client code of practices
- Participating as a facilitator for Risk Assessments for new projects and facilities
- Attending HSE Meetings with contractors to ensure compliance with site HSE requirements and standards
- HSE Data analysis to identify the key issues and addressing to Contractors for improvement of HSE performance.
- Investigating HSE incidents and analyzing key issues through statistical analysis for improvement
- Issuing HSE Flyers identifying immediate causes of serious incidents on-site with detailed precautions to avoid re occurrence.
- Writing and circulating HSE awareness articles and best practices
- Review and advice on Project HSE plans, method statements and risk assessments
- HSE audits for contractors to ensure compliance of client HSE standards and practices
- Taking part in development of publications related to HSE like flyers, bulletins, instruction cards etc.
- Develop HSE training programs to ensure satisfactory client HSE MS implementation
- Provide HSE training support to site HSE trainers
- Develop technical HSE training packages based on client procedures
- Deliver HSE training programs to site employees
- Support site HSE Managers and HSE trainers in delivery of HSE training packages to meet project specific requirements
- Advise on the development and maintenance of HSE training facilities
- Visit project sites to attend Weekly Site HSE meetings as observer/Advisor
- Measuring perceptive and demonstrative learning concepts on site from the training to check the effectiveness
- Advice Contractors on all HSE aspects and ensure they follows project specific client requirements and standards.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering Discipline from accredited university
Minimum of 15 years experience carrying out a Safety Engineering position on a PMC project.