HSE Specialist _ Oconee/SC United States
Location: West Union, South Carolina, United States
Itron is a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. Amidst rapidly growing populations, rising development around the world, and increasing demand, the way we are managing energy and water resources will shape the future of our planet. Iron’s decades of experience are helping to ensure creating a more resourceful world.
We are currently interested in connecting with HSE professionals with expertise and relevant experience in HSE field and services functions. This is a very hands-on role mainly involving our field Installation, Delivery, and Services (IDS) Business Line (BL) activities related to our products. Reporting to the Corporate Senior Director HSE&S, this position provides Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) support, oversight and coordination involving both Itron and field contractors’ employees on IDS project sites in the US. The position also implements and oversees office safety programs at non-manufacturing sites in the US. The goal of this position is to ensure Iron’s corporate goal of zero safety incidents and injuries in our IDS BL.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide HSE support, oversight and compliance with Corporate, customer and applicable regulatory requirements associated with IDS field activities and projects;
- Conduct Job Safety Risk Analysis for IDS field activities and specific mitigation and control strategies to ensure zero incidents and injuries.
- Ensure specified controls are implemented;
- Work with IDS teams and Project Managers to identify, plan, implement and manage safety plans/ programs and ensure contractors’ compliance with such plans/programs;
- Develop, conduct and manage safety training for applicable topics and ensure contractors’ compliance through their own training programs;
- Drive and collect both internally and through contractors, IDS safety metrics/KPIs data in prescribed format.
- Enter applicable data in customer prescribed software system to support BL safety performance reporting, standing and BL expansion;
- Conduct field safety audits, and ensure contractors develop and implement CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Actions) in a timely manner;
- Assist with ensuring Health Safety Environmental regulatory requirements and government reporting regulations such as OSHA Logs, etc.;
- Build a positive relationship with Itron IDS Project Managers and their contractors to ensure client/customer satisfaction and safety excellence on IDS projects;
- Partner with office/facility maintenance leads, staff and Managers to ensure Life Safety program elements (Fire, Sprinkler, First Aid/CPR/AED) are compliant;
- Develop and oversee emergency action plans and emergency evacuation plans at non-manufacturing office locations throughout US;
- Assist offices in ergonomic and other safety and sustainability issues. Collate and input office sustainability data in Itron Corp HSE&S system;
- Assist Corporate HSE in other regularly assigned duties.
- Requires up to 5 years of HSE experience in construction/field services activities. Office/Life safety experience is a plus but cannot be substituted for construction/field services experiences.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field from an accredited
Approximately 20 %. Some overnight travel may be required depending upon project site locationnment.