HSE & QA COORDINATOR NEW ZEALAND
Job Type: Full Time
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel’s, Molenberg, Freya’s, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
As HSE & QA Coordinator, you will maintain and improve the Safety, Health and Environment Systems for our baking site in Nelson; maintaining and improving the Quality Assurance Programme; including HACCP, quality documentation and procedures.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Responsible for assisting managers to develop their H &S awareness and related knowledge and supporting managers to drive a safe culture
- Developing an annual Health and Safety plan for the site, identifying goals/targets and improvement opportunities
- Driving the day-to-day Health and Safety systems for the site
- Working with Line Managers to ensure documentation is completed correctly for all incident investigations and provide support to Line Managers to ensure all work related injuries are managed properly
- Monitoring and reporting on site compliance to Safety programme
- Ensuring hazard controls and reviews are completed, to agreed schedule
- Ensuring files kept for health information for staff, staff training records, and external contractor inductions
- Achieving a pass on all internal/external audits
- Analysing complaints data on a weekly basis and provide feedback to the production management team and site management team
- Provide monthly report
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence across multiple levels of the business
- Risk assessment and auditing skills are highly desirable
- Food safety legislative knowledge would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to work both autonomously and contribute positively to a team environment,,
- Familiar with HACCP and food manufacturing environments
- Familiar with health and safety processes, procedures and compliance in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry/Biology) desirable & Tertiary qualification in HSE preferred