HSE Officer Saudi Arabia – Future Pipe Industries
Saudi Nationals Preferred
- Administer and maintain HSE Management Systems and activities on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure safety of all FPi employees (factory, office, laboratory, site installation team) by ensuring safe working practices, safe processes and safe behaviours are in place throughout local organisation
- Responsible for country safety improvement plans to ensure HSE performance is in-line with FPi targets
- Ensure country HSE practices are in-line with national and local regulations
- Conduct HSE meetings to review performance
- Develop, Maintain and Assist in the implementation of HSE Policies, Programmes & Procedures to deliver the HSE targets
- Plan, Develop and Conduct HSE training / workshop to enhance the awareness on HSE issues and injury prevention. Propose HSE training budget for the same
- Plan & Conduct audits to measure the extent and effectiveness of the HSE system and identify improvement opportunities
- Carry out, maintain and review the risk assessments including Hazardous substances, Manual Handling and Use of Work Equipment
- Ensure all incidents are properly reported, investigated; root causes identified and corrective actions implemented
- Provide tools and method to all employees to enable them to work efficiently within the framework of FPi HSE Management system
- Participate in all HSE related activities as required by Global HSE Manager
- Ensure there is an Emergency Response Team and Procedure in place in the event of a major incident (fire or spill or other)
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requirement by the management.
Policies & Procedures
- Develop and Update HSE Policies, Manual, Standards, Guidelines and other HSE documentation applicable to people, material and facilities to meet company and local authority requirements.
- Maintain, Control and circulate the updated version of necessary HSE documents to all concerned.
- Ensure HSE procedures are properly implemented through the local organisation.
- Establish safe working methods and control of prevention techniques in coordination with involved departments / managers (keep operational areas clean and well organized to prevent incidents and accidents)
- Ensure JTRA – Job Task Risk Assessments – are in place covering all factory, laboratory and site service activities and that these are reviewed at least annually;
- Ensure FPi PPE policy is embedded in local organisation;
- Ensure there is a working Safety Committee on site so that employees have a forum to raise concerns;
- Ensure there is an Emergency Response plan for site and this is drilled at least annually (in coordination with the emergency services as applicable)
- Develop and roll out appropriate HSE training for employees as required to ensure that safety general company and specific job safety requirements are well understood;
- Develop and implement visitor HSE induction;
- Develop and implement contractor HSE induction programme before they can work on the site
- Ensure plan in place and working to ensure safety equipment is properly maintained (PPE, slings for cranes etc.)
- Ensure all employees are provided with the correct PPE/safety equipment applicable to their job
- Maintain a location plan for the firefighting equipment
- Audit and Refill First Aid boxes as required
- Plan and Conduct Safety Audits / Inspection together with other plant representatives per FPi targets
- Ensure welfare facilities – canteens, toilets, changing rooms etc. – are at expected standards
- Raising NCR’s in case of non-compliance and ensuring their close outs with HSE-standards
Incident report analysis and Lesson learned Presentation
- Ensure system in place to collect Hazard Reports, Near Misses and Incidents/Accidents;
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are properly reported to the Global HSE Manager (as soon as initial emergency has been made safe and within 42 hrs);
- Ensure all accidents and serious incidents re properly investigated, root causes identified and corrective actions agreed and implemented with the necessary parties;
- Lessons from incidents/Hazard Reports/Near Misses/Spills etc. should be analysed, reported monthly and used as inputs into local safety improvement programmes and training programmes
Statistical data base record
- Maintain a database for HSE accidents / incidents, waste controls, energy controls etc. to facilitate monthly reporting and analysis
- Prepare and monitor HSE improvement plan/targets and control implementation of the agreed HSE programme at the site.
Qualification, Experience & Skill:
- BSc Engineering Discipline AND Diploma in Industrial Safety (NEBOSH/British Safety Council level 6/OSHA) or BSc Degree in HSE
- Certified ISO 14001/18001 auditor
- Fluency in English
- Saudi nationals or candidates with tranferable iqama will be preferred
- At least 3 years HSE experience in a manufacturing company
- Experience in carrying out audits, both internally and externally.
- Experience in participating in accident and incident investigations, sharing and implementation of lessons learned.
- Experience of delivering HSE trainings.
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 18001 Management Systems expertise
- The ability to promote a positive attitude towards HSE risk management, with an ability to influence safety behaviours at all levels within an organisation.
- Knowledge of International HSE standards
- Proven ability to negotiate, influence and drive change
- Up to date legislation knowledge.
Apply via LinkedIn