Job Title: HSE Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: 2 weeks from now
An oil and gas firm seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
The HSE Officer under the strict supervision of the HSE Manager will be responsible for monitoring workplace health and safety risks and hazards and advise staff on how to minimize or eliminate these risks and hazards.
He / She will be responsible in ensuring workplace safety, and quality process monitoring as it relates to HSE for all staff. Inherent in his/her responsibilities would be to conduct inspections and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in the work areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the HSE Manager in updating letters and instructions regarding operations, safety, port information and other similar matters.
- Assist in developing HSE procedures and provide HSE improvement proposals
- Assist in documenting HSE best practice for business processes, facilities and equipment, safe work practices as appropriate.
- Report any identified non-conformances, accidents, near misses and emergency situations to the Designated Person Ashore, assisting with investigations into the cause and putting forward suggested corrective and preventive action to the HSE manager.
- Follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensures that any certification requirements are complied with
- Assist the HSE Manager to collate and update HR/Admin on the status of certificates as it relates to the HSE department (e.g. lifesaving apparatus, fire extinguisher etc.)
- Assist HSE manager in the coordination of in-house HSE training programs at least twice in a month for all staff, also regarding key health and safety issues, organize assessments for these trainings and communicate same.
- Assist in the timely respond to inquiries and request for assistance from other departments.
- Keep up to date with all new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health & Safety legislation across the site by informing colleagues accordingly.
- Assist in ensuring timely distribution of PPE’s to crew staff
- Assist the manager HSE in the preparation of monthly activity report for the HSE department to management.
- Assist in conducting operational risk assessment and design risk mitigation measures
- Investigate the root cause of HSE complaints / non-conformance and report the result to the HSE manager
- Ensures regular emergency response exercise and drill are conducted
- Partake in the inspection of safety equipment’s
- Assist in developing and implementing field local emergency response procedures and evacuation plans
- Ensure that all staffs, visitors and contractors are inducted
- Perform other duties as assigned by the HSE Manager.
Communication Proficiency, Customer/Client Focus, Learning Orientation, Personal Effectiveness/Credibility, Teamwork Orientation
- 1 to 3 years’ work experience in Health, Safety and Environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or Higher national diploma in Engineering, occupational health, environmental science and safety.
- Trainings and certifications in Occupational Health & Safety would be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Apply on recruiters page online here