HSE Officer / Supervisor Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Management and manufacturing
Deadline: 19th May, 2018
A firm in the oil and gas sector seeks qualified candidates to fill to fill this role.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the Company’s HSE-ISM
- Create awareness amongst staff of HSE practices.
- Conduct or co-ordinate HSE audits of all Companies operations.
- Plan, coordinate and implement effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the department objectives are met.
- Provide support to Project and Operations teams in all aspects of safety occupational health, safely and environmental issues.
- Ensure training, tool box meetings and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc,
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Provide support to Project and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Provide HSE compliance guidance on all sites or field work.
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
- Attend pre-job, planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
- Assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements.
- Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports.
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting. Track and provide regular HSE performance reporting.
- Provide HSE aspects of Company Bid Submissions as requested.
- Assist in the development of project specific HSE procedures.
- Conduct or co-ordinate HSE training and orientation to all new employees.
- Attain and Maintain MSDS workplace files, site FTO, Safety permits & approvals and OSHA logs.
Qualifications & Skill
- First Degree in Engineering, or any related Science or Environmental discipline with specialization is QHSE
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the Marine or Oil and Gas industry
- Member of an internationally recognized environmental/safety/health professional body (IOSH, NISP or equivalent)
- Minimum level 3 in NEBOSH
- Working knowledge of applicable Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
- Knowledgeable in ISO 14001 standards and HSE management systems.
- Familiar with international safety codes.
- Identification and risk assessment of Occupational Health and Safety accidents.
- Working knowledge of auditing processes and protocols
- Good technical knowledge
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational skill