Job Title: HSE Officer
Location: Shagamu, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
HSE Officer Job in Shagamu, Nigeria
1. Ensure the compliance of health, safety and environmental policies by the employees and contract
2. Perform daily inspections of the plant to ensure compliance with safety regulations and correct deviations observed immediately.
3. Ensure that employees have appropriate safety training and are aware of hazards in their work environment.
4. Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
5. Monitor to ensure safe working practices and making necessary changes when required.
6. Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
7. Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely.
8. Identifying potential hazards.
9. Conduct risk assessments and enforce preventive measures.
10. Safely handling hazardous substances
11. Keeping up to date with developments within the profession
12. Investigating/recording and following up incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health and making recommendations.
13. Writing internal health and safety policies/strategies and safe operational procedures
14. Prepare weekly, and monthly reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to management.
1. A minimum of B.Sc / HND in a Health, Safety, or Environmental field of study
2. 2 – 3 years’ previous experience as health and safety officer.
3. HSE Qualification such as ISPON, CIEHS, NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent is an added advantage.
4. Good knowledge of Industrial HSE standards and processes relating to NESREA, OGEPA etc.
5. Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Good organization skills
8. Good analytical skills and the ability to think critically.
9. Leadership skills.
*Application Closing Date*
6.00pm 12th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.