HSE OFFICER JOB IN LAGOS, NIGERIA
The HSE Officer will be responsible for performing hazard evaluations and enforcing full terminal health and safety compliance.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Health and safety education: giving lectures on health safety precautions within the Workplace periodically.
• Ensure distribution of P.P.E’s to staff within the terminal as well as visitors and Clients.
• Ensure all health and safety signs are well placed in the right position; e.g. no smoking signs fire/emergency procedures etc.
• Ensure that all safety precautions are well in place, e.g. fire extinguishers in case of fire outbreak, muster points, safety drills etc.
• Ensure maintenance of safety equipment e.g. fire extinguishers, smoke alarms. Etc
• Ensure compliance by all personnel on rules and regulations concerning safety/Health and Environment
• Assist the HSE Manager to enforce full terminal health and safety regulatory compliance.
• Assist the HSE Manager in collating information for preparation of monthly and annual HSE reports.
• Perform hazard evaluations on terminal including offices.
• Ensuring compliance with all personal protection equipment (PPE).
• Monitoring operations in the terminal, trucks standard for loading.
• Accident and incident investigation and preventive measures.
• Ensure compliance by staff on personal protective equipment within the terminal.
Skills and Qualifications
• Proven experience (3-5) years’ experience as safety officer
• B.Sc/BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
• Certificate in occupational health and safety
• In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
• Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
• Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
• Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Diligent with great attention to detail
• Membership of a Health and Safety institute is mandatory
• Good knowledge of work place safety measures.
Desired Personal Characteristics
• Demonstrate genuine concern for people and build strong communication
• Maintain a proactive approach to health and safety concerns
• Can react effectively in an emergency situation.
Kindly click on the link provided below
All interested candidates will be contacted and scheduled for assessment and interviews. Time and venue will be advised.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you