Hse Officer Job in Canada
Location: Vancouver, BC
Reporting to the Corporate HSE Manager, the HSE Officer’s role is to work in cooperation with project management to achieve safety related goals & objectives and ensure a safe working environment. Act as a coach/mentor/facilitator to assist management in fulfilling their safety related responsibilities. Develop and implement the project safety plan. Conduct inspections and incident investigations and ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Liaise with Project Management on a daily basis so as to foster, promote and develop a positive safety culture within NAC.
- Monitor and enforce safety adherence to company HSE Management System by all employees as well as subcontractors.
- Provide safety training as required.
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness and performance at work sites.
- Investigates all incidents and near misses.
- Liaise with Health Claims Coordinator to facilitate Return to Work Program when required.
- Assist in the ongoing review of risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Facilitate the provision of and maintenance of records in relation to all Project HSE training including WHMIS, toolbox talks, orientations
- Complete all daily, weekly HSE documentation /record keeping requirements as directed within the HSE Management system, including maintaining computerized program.
- Other duties as required.
- Willingness to relocate if required.
- Working hours will reflect project operational requirements.
- This position will involve office and field work.
- Minimum of a Diploma/Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- 3-5 years progressive work experience in Construction preferably heavy civil projects
- Knowledge of Provincial Health & Safety legislation and standards
- Familiarity with municipal projects involving heavy civil, mechanical and electrical works is a required asset.
- Work respectfully and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external partners; being inclusive, encouraging participation of all members
- Proficient computer software skills
- Superior leadership, communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals
- Requires effective written and oral communication skills
- Valid WHMIS, First Aid, Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers and/or Supervisors certificates are required.
- Willing to travel within Canada
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for career growth, development and advancement, including financial assistance
- Comprehensive benefit plan (dental, vision, health, etc.)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Excellent company matched pension plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Community involvement opportunities
- Friendly working environment
- Numerous team activities and various company events
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.