HSE Officer – AE-Abu Dhabi
Requisition ID: 2018-28889
Work Location: AE-Abu Dhabi
Department / Discipline: HSSE
Position Type: Fixed Term
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking to recruit a HSE Officer to be deployed within a client Project Management Team in PMC capacity to assist in the management of a large EPC project which will be awarded in Q4 2018.
The successful candidate will be mobilised as of October 2018 and will initially be based in the client office in Abu Dhabi, UAE for few weeks before relocating to the successful EPC Contractor Home Office based in the UAE, India, Spain or Italy. Award of the EPC Contract is expected in Q4 2018. Duration of the assignment in the EPC Home Office is expected to be around 8-10 months, following which the candidate will relocate to client office or project onshore site in Abu Dhabi for the rest of the position assignment.
- Reporting to Project Lead parallel to Project Manager (PM) regarding site HSE implementations and status of site workers.
- Managed HSE Department for substation projects, strictly implement HSE standards and regulations throughout the course of the projects.
- Prepare weekly and monthly HSE reports follow up of pending Contractor’s Health Safety and Environmental NCR (Non-Compliance Reports).
- Interview contractor and subcontractor proposed site Safety Officers and ensure they are qualified and competent for their job.
- Review and inspect third party certifications of different heavy equipment’s, mobile cranes and tower crane including operators, scaffolding erectors, First Aider and Fire Marshals.
- Review Emergency Evacuation Plan of contractors and ensure mock drills are regularly conducted to keep workers awareness and readiness in case of emergency situations.
- Coordinates and participate in implementation of HSE awareness in compliance to ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications.
- Review and approved contractor & subcontractor TRA (Task Risk Assessment) based on project activities.
- Ability to conduct Risk assessments, HSE inspections and HSE Orientation / Induction to Personnel
- Coordinates with contractor and subcontractor representatives with regards to daily, weekly and monthly joint HSE site inspection.
- Conduct HSE audit to ensure HSE Non-Compliance are rectified on time and meet HSE standards.
- Attend weekly and monthly site meetings to discuss Non-Compliance Reports recommend practical and reasonable solution to avoid recurrence.
- Inspect and review MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) record of the contractors & subcontractors, ensure workers are familiar and trained.
- Ensure the availability of site HSE bulletin board with applicable HSE posters in different languages for easy understanding and interpretation of workers.
- Supervised and ensure that contractor responsible person conduct TBT (Tool Box Talk) and signed by attendees prior to start daily activities and also during High Voltage testing of GIS (Gas Insulated Switchgear), IDT (In door Transformer), ET (Earthing Transformer), 11KV Switchgears, Capacitor Bank.
- Review safety clearances prior to commissioning of substation and ensure all safety requirements are provided and signed by authorized representatives of contractor, consultant and Client.
- Inspect and ensure that no unauthorized person within the restricted areas prior to conduct final test and commissioning of substations.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 plus years’ experience in managing HSE at project or plant level or experience
- Minimum of NEBOSH IGC or others
- HSE Trainings / Qualifications will be added Advantage
- Formal training/certificate in Accident/Incident Investigation training/Auditing
- Knowledge of local HSE laws and regulations.
- Experience in project management would be an added advantage
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering with Diploma in Industrial Safety added advantage
- Experience working in Client Representative or PMC role will be preferred.
- Experience working in Onshore Brownfield and Recent Desert Experience is required preferably UAE.