Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirate
– Holder of Higher Diploma in fire and Safety and holds NEBOSH / IOSH Diploma or an equivalent internationally recognised HSE certification.
– Minimum five (5) years construction HSE experience in the oil and gas industry.
– Supervisory potential.
– Good knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic and one of the common workforce languages would be a definite advantage.
– Ability to operate effectively in a multinational, multicultural work environment.
– Leadership skills.
– Computer knowledge and skills.
– Interpersonal and communication skills.
– Planning and organising skills.
– Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
Ensure company HSE policies and procedures are implemented consistently and effectively and are known and understood by all employees.
– Provide HSE leadership to field personnel, set standards of behaviour.
– Assess field activities by conducting onsite inspection and daily tour to ensure compliance with the standards set out in the NPCC HSE Manual and project specific HSE requirements.
Carry out effective site HSE induction programmes to all Company and sub-contractor personnel to ensure awareness of HSE requirements and standards.
– Ensure updated emergency response procedures are in place and all personnel are aware of its respective roles. Ensure emergency equipment is in place and maintained in optimum operating condition.
– Maintains close coordination with the site management and ensure that regular emergency drills are conducted.
– Assist with incident investigations and compilation of complete reports on time.
– Monitor the system of maintenance and inspection of life saving and fire fighting equipment.
– Observe work groups and intervene and advise workers if found committing unsafe acts. Keep supervisors advised of such acts.
– Attends site HSE meetings to assist supervision during the delivery of the toolbox talks.
– Prepares weekly and monthly site HSE reports and statistics.