HSE Manager Worley Parsons Azerbaijan
Job Title: HSE Manager
Job Ref.: BAK00AN
Primary Location: AZE-BK-Baku
Employment Type: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Level: Experienced
Deadline: Sep 25, 2017
Reporting Manager Title: Program Director
About Worley Parsons
At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you’ll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you’ll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
To identify, develop and facilitate the implementation of leading practice HSE & R3 programmes. Participate in the development of HSE Strategy and manage the HSE governance, including global auditing and corporate reporting and provide HSE & R3 expertise and direction to the relevant businesses, associated offices and CAT B & C projects.
- Implement and lead the HSE vision set by Project Management Team. Facilitate and shape the strategies and implementation tactics required to ensure outcomes relating to zero harm are achieved. Ensure HSE & R3 plans are in line with regional HSE & R3 strategies as well as business strategy and growth plans.
- Guide the development of a sustained culture of world’s best HSE performance (Industry Leadership in HSE Performance). Coach, influence, motivate and empower others (internally and externally) with regards to HSE ownership, leadership and the achievement of Zero Harm.
- Communicate relevant and timely HSE information to the right stakeholders and understand the HSE strengths and weaknesses of the business. Liaise with and influence personnel on a continuing basis with regards to HSE.
- One-Way performance and actively promulgate the One-Way system and R3 process requirements within the BP AGT EPCM Services Contract.
- Undertake security reviews and threat and vulnerability analyses and provision of pragmatic security solutions. Provide R3 risk advice and intelligence to the business to support bid and project risk processes. Ensure the projects maintain an effective staff accountability process.
- Understand and act on business needs and opportunities. Provide specialist support to all parts of the business (including pursuit, consulting practices, select, deliver, improve) and assist with customer relationships and demonstration of the WorleyParsons value add.
- Build and sustain a HSE capability platform tailored to business needs and lead the professional development of WorleyParsons personnel members and provide coaching and mentoring to encourage professional growth.
- Hold responsibility for BP AGT EPCM Services Contract HSE budget and oversight activity and resource expenditure.
- Collaborate within WorleyParsons to share best practice, lessons learnt and improve knowledge management.
- Stay abreast of emerging HSE & R3 issues and legislation. Keep the organization updated with relevant requirements, and assist with compliance to HSE legislation, and where applicable customer HSE requirements.
- Lead HSE & R3 matters by example and provide leadership, feedback and assistance to others. Role model a commitment to personal wellbeing and a proactive approach to continuously improving health, safety and environment performance.
- Experience having demonstrated effective HSE & R3 leadership and management in a similar sized business, or across multiple locations within a similar industry.
- Experience in managing and controlling budgets.
- Ability to build effective relationships, network, build teams and proactively support the business.
- Strong working knowledge of OH&S legislation and industry standards.
- Strong communication
- Influencing and negotiation skill
- Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands WorleyParsons Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet WorleyParsons and its clients needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in HSE. Including experience in strategic planning within a commercial environment and demonstrable experience in driving industry leadership in HSE performance. Experience in building strong people relationships (both internal and external), general management practices and experience in managing and leading a team.
Approximately 20 years, with a minimum of 10 years experience in either a senior HSE position or a senior operations position within the resources, construction and hydrocarbons sectors and at least 5 years in a management role.
Qualifications, Accreditation, Training Required:
- A recognised degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent, ideally within OH&S.
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Membership of a recognised professional institution.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward an updated copy of their curriculum vitae to the recruiter via the link below: