HSE Manager Well Operation Suppport WTS Energy UAE
Job Title: HSE Manager – Well Operations Support
Business/Department: Health Safety Environment (HSE)
Reporting To: Head of Health Safety Environment
The HSE Manager – Well Operations Support will be responsible for providing Health Safety and Environment input and support to the Well Operations team both offshore and onshore. The incumbent will promote the use of HSE tools, principles and objectives whilst ensuring that company HSE policies, procedures and standards are communicated so they become an integral part of well operations activities.
The role will liaise with Department Managers, Team Managers, Superintendents, Supervisors and Engineers in order to maintain good working relationships and ensure efficient delivery of both Company and Well Operations HSE objectives and requirements.
Key Result Areas (Key Accountabilities)
The HSE Manager – Well Operations Support will be responsible for carrying out assigned work with particular emphasis on HSE implementation and performance:
1. Accountable for performing all duties with due regard to the health, safety of self, others and of the environment in which they are undertaken.
2. Accountable for setting up an HSE framework and providing the proper framework in order to achieve well Operations HSE Objectives.
3. Ensure that Well Operations HSE plans and relevant HSE Management System and Emergency Response documentation is established, implemented and maintained.
4. Ensures that all service and drilling contractor Health Safety Environment and Quality (HSEQ) plans are bridged such that clearly communicated and common HSEQ process and procedures are in place.
5. Liaise with Team Managers to ensure that goals and objectives for Well Operations are set and fully detailed in the procedures for the planned drilling and production activities.
6. Provide support and advice to all project and worksite personnel on matters related to HSE.
7. Manage the team of HSE Field Supervisors.
8. The HSE Manager – Well Operations Support accountabilities will include the following activities;
- Work with the Well Operations team to develop a culture aimed at achieving an injury free workplace.
- Carry out safety and environmental inspection visits to drill rigs/sites, including audits of job safety analysis, pre-job safety meeting, near miss reporting and routine and emergency response plans are maintained/updated and communicated effectively to work force.
- Participate in the development of the simultaneous operations matrix and implementation.
- Plan HSE Management System Audit programs and regular system reviews of drilling contractor and third party service companies.
- Attend (as required) morning calls and other HSE operational calls with Drilling Superintendents and Supervisors.
- Prepare agenda and schedule for monthly breakfast safety meetings and communicates minutes to the Well Operations team.
- Ensure that HSE retains high visibility throughout well operations both on and offshore.
- Liaise with drilling contractors and third party subcontractors offshore to ensure quality of service.
- Lead root cause analysis team at the rig site for all identified significant unsafe acts or near miss reports.
- Report all incidents and accidents as per company incident and accident classification guidelines.
- Agree and follow up on corrective actions resulting from any incident and accident report.
- Keep up to date records of Safety metrics and monitor performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensure Risk Assessment and Hazard Management Process is applied to all campaigns and that risk registers are maintained along with lessons learnt.
- Establish and ensure compliance with Company minimum safety training standards.
- Ensure that all operations HSE legislative requirements are complied with.
- Oil spill contingency and environmental impact evaluation of the well construction process.
- Regularly communicate relevant safety information to the Well Operations team.
- Visit offshore on a regular basis.
- Develop/Control/Implement Safety Management System (SMS) for well operations.
- Update of HSE policies and procedures and input to changes in the SMS.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working for a major international drilling contractor/service company and/or operating companies.
- Recent offshore operations experience involving sour gas/condensate wells.
- An OPITO approved BOSIET (Basic Offshore Safety Induction Emergency Training) certificate. HUET and Sea Survival may be accepted at the discretion of HSE Department
- Team player in a multidiscipline group.
- HSE conscious.
- Strong English communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent presentation skills; must be able to present in front of a large group of people.
- Precise when it comes to investigations.
- Prepared to go offshore as well as work extra time outside normal working hours to meet the requirements of the workload.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suites; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply through the link below…