HSE Manager UK
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: VAC-60982
Our client is recruiting for a QHSE Manager to be based in Birmingham for a Chemical Company to support the business in maintaining and promoting Health Safety and Environment throughout the business. You will provide expertise in all Health, Safety and Environmental programmes. The role has responsibility for applying health and safety guidelines and processes, whilst ensuring compliance with Government safety regulations and industry standards.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Manage and lead the Health, safety and Environment responsibilities across the business, managing environmental, industrial, health and safety regulatory compliance for both sites.
- Manage the development, planning and implementation of environmental, health and safety policies, procedures, work instruction to maintain the company’s accreditations and integrated business management system.
- Manage and collaborate with both sites (HLD and HHH) and other business units to implement the Health, safety and environment policies.
- Fully understand requirement and ensure compliance with 14001 and 18001 and forthcoming standard ISO45001.
- Mentor the HSE officer and others in the development of health, safety and environmental awareness.
- Liaise with statutory authorities and suppliers on Health Safety and environmental matters.
- Oversees hazardous waste and monitors waste handling.
- NEBOSH Certificate / Diploma
- Auditor qualification (ie ISO 9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 qualification)
- Environmental qualification (ie ISO14001/iEMA Foundation certificate or equivalent)