HSE Manager Safran Bunley
Role type: Permanent
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the “Happy at work” rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Nacelles is the world’s leading aircraft nacelle manufacturer with over 20,800 pieces of equipment in use and over 125,000 flight hours a day. The company operates on all market segments, from regional aircraft and business jets to the biggest jetliners.
The key purpose of this role is to formulate, implement and monitor HSE strategy, policy and procedures and deliver a sustainable cultural and behavioural change programme for HSE. This involves working with employees, union reps and management teams, to ensure best practice standards are developed and maintained across the site, that meet UK legislative and SAFRAN group requirements, whilst championing continuous improvement in HSE performance and culture.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Act as coach and facilitator by working closely with both senior and Line Management, to ensure that their business objectives are met safely.
- Manage and develop the HR Advisor
- Provide accurate and independent advice on the implications of health, safety and environment issues for management and employees.
- To liaise with the enforcing bodies to ensure that the business is a “centre of excellence” with regard to health, safety and the environment.
- To ensure that systems and procedures meet the requirements of OHSAS18001, ISO14001, SAFRAN Sustainable Development Group and any Safran Group HSE initiative.
- To manage the HSE budget
- Drive and establish organisational arrangements, systems and risk control standards relating to both hardware and human performance.
- Maintain an excellent level of personal awareness, of both current and pending legal, technical and management advances in order to ensure that our site are committed to the highest appropriate standards
- Ensure that an environmental management system is established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14001:2004
- Report to the executive team on the performance of the health, safety and environmental management systems for review, including recommendations for improvement plans for implementation and evaluation of success
- Lead, in conjunction with Line Management, initiatives designed to improve commitment at all levels to continuous improvement in standards of health and safety to the benefit of organisational performance.
- Drive a Cultural and Behavioural safety programme across all areas of the business, liaising with HR/HSE teams across the group.
- Actively share key learning and best practice with your colleagues.
- Provide support guidance and direction to the HR Director and Codi team
- Represent Safran by contributing and interacting with HR Teams within the group.
- Liaise with employees, safety representatives and the safety committee in assisting management / employee consultations.
- Ensure that accountability for Health and Safety is accepted by local managers and employees with the overall aim of creating a positive health and safety culture
Education/Knowledge & Experience
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent is essential
- Team Player, ability to work under pressure, meet strict deadlines and maintain confidentiality
- Confidence and personal credibility to challenge managers on their existing working methods.
- Knowledge of preparing for Audits
- First class hands on approach required, using, influencing and negotiation skills at all levels of the business.
- Good communication skills- verbal and written.
- IT literate- use of Microsoft Office
- Planning and organisational skills
- Environment , IEMA qualification
- Proactive and hands on personable approach required an individual with experience in Safety Culture continuous improvements is ideal
Offering a competitive salary & suite of excellent employee benefits ensuring we make this a fantastic place to be, some below for example:
- – Excellent company contributory pension scheme
- – Private health care
- – Health cash back plans (dental/wellbeing)
- – 25 days holiday + BH
- – Corporate Gym Membership
- – Burnley Football club benefits (Including chance to get tickets and be treated to meal in corporate box during the game)
- – Restaurant onsite with excellent food at subsidised price
- – Free car parking
- – Flex-time options dependant on role/circumstance
- – Share purchase scheme
We take great pride in supporting our employees who in turn are proud to work here, if your application is successful further information on our benefits will be provided and a member of our HR team will contact you.