HSE Manager Qatar
Job Ref: VAC-61195
Location: Doha, Qatar
Job Type: 12 Month Residential Contract – renewable/extendable
Major projects: Candidates should be degree qualified with a minimum of 10 years’ experience directly managing or leading a team. Experience on Offshore brownfield projects is a must.
- To adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to HSE, to implement HSE rules and requirements within his area of responsibility and to ensure that required HSE competencies are within his team.
- Ensure and promote the application of rules, regulations, procedures and specifications in all his activities.
- Assist project teams in preparation and evaluation of HSE requirements in all tenders.
- Assist project teams in HSE audit of potential bidder facilities during pre-qualification process.
- Assist project team to develop an HSE incentive program during project tender period; to implement and follow up on incentive scheme during the execution phase.
- Assist MP management in setting up HSE team within project management organization for fo]]ow up of EPC activities.
- To support and provide guidance to site HSE personnel and to all project teams on HSE issues.
- To conduct or participate in safety training of project team and Contractor personnel as required.
- Organise and assist on HSE committees with EPC contractors as required.
- Ensure all contractor documentation including reporting related to HSE is reviewed and commented and contractor personnel is committed to HSE practices and procedures, rules, technical specifications and site instructions.
- To implement recommendation s on Contractor management in line with latest IOGP report.
- Review contractors’ HSE training matrices and certificates; Assist project teams in ensuring the constant improvement of contractors ‘ HSE perfonnance.
- To participate in or organise job safety analyses (JSAs) with Contractors and request new JSAs if necessary.
- Ensure that risk assessment is performed before each potentially dangerous activity.
- To ensure that the contractor. in full compliance with local regulations and contract requirements: o prepares satisfactory safety and health prevention procedures on site.
- Provides satisfactory evacuation and first-aid means for all personnel assigned to the site o implements adequate HSE management, organisation and procedures.
- Lead investigations of HSE incidents during project execution and develop a response capability for emergencies management at EPC locations; Analyse safety observations reporting to detect any irregularities and propose corrective actions; review and comment on contractors’ incident/accident investigation reports.
- Organise and assist in contractors’ HSE audits, submitting a report on it to project management.
- Participate as necessary in project management meetings, and ensure the HSE reporting for MP division.
- Providing HSE advice to the Company Site Representative at construction yard during fabrication phase then to the Offshore Company Site Rep during offshore installation, commissioning and hookup phase.
- Ensure that HSE manuals and plans are in accordance with contractual requirements; to prepare and implement bridging documents as needed.
- To compile lessons learnt and ensure that relevant feedback from previous similar projects are considered during project works performance.