HSE Manager Matchtech UK
Job Type: Permanent
Job Sector: Health, Safety, Manufacturing
Region: North West
Job Ref: EMP413247
The key purpose of this role is to formulate, implement and monitor HSE strategy, policy and procedures and deliver a sustainable cultural and behavioural change programme for HSE. This involves working with employees, union reps and management teams, to ensure best practice standards are developed and maintained across the site, that meet UK legislative and the company group requirements, whilst championing continuous improvement in HSE performance and culture.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
* Act as coach and facilitator by working closely with both senior and Line Management, to ensure that their business objectives are met safely.
* Manage and develop the HR Advisor
* Provide accurate and independent advice on the implications of health, safety and environment issues for management and employees.
* To liaise with the enforcing bodies to ensure that the business is a “centre of excellence” with regard to health, safety and the environment.
* To ensure that systems and procedures meet the requirements of OHSAS18001, ISO14001, Sustainable Development Group.
* To manage the HSE budget
* Drive and establish organisational arrangements, systems and risk control standards relating to both hardware and human performance.
* Maintain an excellent level of personal awareness, of both current and pending legal, technical and management advances in order to ensure that our site are committed to the highest appropriate standards
* Ensure that an environmental management system is established, implemented and maintained in accordance with the requirements of ISO 14001:2004
* Report to the executive team on the performance of the health, safety and environmental management systems for review, including recommendations for improvement plans for implementation and evaluation of success
* Lead, in conjunction with Line Management, initiatives designed to improve commitment at all levels to continuous improvement in standards of health and safety to the benefit of organisational performance.
* Drive a Cultural and Behavioural safety programme across all areas of the business, liaising with HR/HSE teams across the group.
* Actively share key learnings and best practice with your colleagues.
* Provide support guidance and direction to the HR Director and Codi team
* Represent the company by contributing and interacting with HR Teams within the group.
* Liaise with employees, safety representatives and the safety committee in assisting management / employee consultations.
* Ensure that accountability for Health and Safety is accepted by local managers and employees with the overall aim of creating a positive health and safety culture.
Skills & Experience:
* NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent is essential
* Team Player, ability to work under pressure, meet strict deadlines and maintain confidentiality
* Confidence and personal credibility to challenge managers on their existing working methods.
* Knowledge of preparing for Audits
* First class hands on approach required, using, influencing and negotiation skills at all levels of the business.
* Good communication skills- verbal and written.
* IT literate – use of Microsoft Office
* Environment , IEMA qualification
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.