Our client, a well established Oil & Gas Company based in Lagos State, requires the services of an experienced individual to occupy the position below:
Job Title: HSE Manager
- Location: Lagos
- Application Deadline: 17 February, 2017
- Job Type Fulltime
- To develop best practice HSE systems and procedures, strategic plans and programmes to comply with Corporate, Government and Company requirements.
- To establish standards and targets, monitor and report on progress and achievements made.
- To recommend corrective actions and implement controls to ensure achievement of plans, standards and targets.
- Ensure necessary safety and accident prevention equipment is specified, and that training for designated employees is available.
- To Ensure accident and emergency procedures are properly documented, exercised and carried out in all instances, and that all necessary certifications are held by staff authorized to act within HSE requirements
- To personally monitor, inspect and evaluate all aspects of HSE activity and performance. Take actions and make recommendations as appropriate.
- To Control and manage HSE Consultants and Contractors to ensure cost effective and efficient service to Premier.
- To remain up-to-date with all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental practice.
- To Liaise with Government Officials as appropriate and with other Company Managers on matters of common interest. Participate in industry and special interest groups on related HSE matters.
- To Ensures that all business activities conducted within the team comply with legal, Government Officials as appropriate, and Company requirements.
- To Facilitate the Monthly Management HSE action committee on behalf of all staff and in pursuit of process and occupational HSE excellence.
- To ensure incidents are correctly rated in terms of Severity and High Potential rating. Ensure corrective actions are set and undertaken by line management.
- To Support the HSE Manager in ensuring HSE compliance offshore.
- To attend pre-job, planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
- To assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements.
- To Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit lessons learned to the Regional HSE Manager for promulgation to the management
- To provide HSE aspects of Company Bid Submissions as requested
- To assist in the development of project specific HSE procedures
- To conduct HSE trainings and orientation to all new employees.
- To ensure all worksites are HSE compliant with Company policies and safety standards.
- To support offshore HSE personnels in the development of work site HSE campaigns and good practices.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science, or an HSE discipline.
- Membership of relevant professional and industry associations.
- Minimum 3 – 7 years experiences in the oil and gas industry.
- Have previously managed and developed staff both on and offshore.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Highly computer literate with MS Office products, and engineering software.
- Passionate about health and safety in the workplace.
- Interpersonal skills are critical in dealing with senior management committee members and in developing the HSE team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/resume to email@example.com