HSE Manager Kerry United States
Job Locations: US-ME-Portland
Requisition ID: 2018-13394
Position Type: Full Time
Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it’s how we’ve become the world’s leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it’s building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is Leading To Better. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you’ve most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you’ve consumed in the past few days!
Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
Celebrating curiosity that leads to action:
Empowering our people
Promoting diverse thinking
Investing in innovation
Acting on sustainability
Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Description and Responsibilities
Description & Responsibilities:
- Support business strategy to ensure all HSE directives, policies, and initiatives are effectively incorporated at site level.
- Develop, implement, and execute HSE annual objectives & improvement plans in conjunction with site operations management and Regional HSE Manager.
- Develop appropriate strategies for implementation of new or revised policies and regulations in conjunction with site operations management and Regional HSE Manager.
- Lead implementation and management of site ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
- Identify site HSE training needs, develop appropriate resources, and execute training sessions for employees and management staff as required.
- Support site supervisors with the investigation of HSE incidents at the site. Where necessary, lead investigation process and/or collaborate with appropriate corporate staff on serious incidents.
- Partner with Human Resources to monitor the status of all open Workers Compensation claims and coordinate activities to minimize lost and/or restricted workdays.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an applicable field of study required.
- 3+ years of experience
In depth knowledge of HSE regulations including OSHA, EPA, and local requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with relevant consensus standards such as NFPA and ANSI, and systems such as ISO 14001, preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Strong Computer Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).