HSE Manager job in Virginia, US
Job Ref: 19-1127
Job Location: Richmond, Virginia
Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED
- Capable of being exposed to dusty, hot/cold/wet conditions
- Possesses 10-12 years of direct related HSE experience with achieved certifications/qualifications through educational institutions, technical programs, NCCER etc.
- Possesses 3-5 years of experience with direct supervision of employees within the related disciplines working in a fast-paced maintenance/construction type environment
- Possesses general computer skills (i.e. email, WORD, Excel programs), good verbal communications skills, including phone, radio, and plant intercom systems.
- Capable of Planning & Scheduling HSE related work/training/meeting activities.
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs, ladders, elevated walkways, and walk, stand, stoop for extended periods of time, enter tight congested areas to include awkward positions.
The HSE Manager assignment will promote and support company core value/competencies including but are not limited to:
- Upholds B&R Business Ethics and Code of Conduct.
- Exhibit Leadership, Enhance Teamwork, and Lead by example.
- Commitment and Leadership to company values.
- Use synergy between work groups.
- Responsible for alignment of Team Members.
- Assure that all employees comply with jobsite procedures and guidelines.
The purpose of the HSE Manager assignment is to ensure all employees follow health, safety, environmental, and operational procedures of their assigned tasks including but are not limited to:
- Works closely with, and takes oversight direction from the B&R Site Manager supporting B&R Core Value/Competencies to include Client Core Value/Competencies.
- Monitors all maintenance/construction tasks to ensure safe a safe work environment is being provided through direct oversight of Craft Supervisors by communicating/setting job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- When needed, directly engages with Engineering & Design Contractor Construction Manager to provide project specific Safety support for phases of FEL, constructability/design initiatives, field questionable design & installation for all plant unit/areas providing economical & productive solutions.
- Personally, greets employees daily at the beginning and/or end of shift to include participating in Gate Greet assignments.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply HERE
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.