HSE Manager Job in Texas – Seagoville with Dexter
Rockwell American, a Dexter company, the premier supplier and manufacturer of axles, doors, venting products and related components in the utility trailer, boat trailer, recreational vehicle, heavy duty and manufactured housing markets, has an opportunity for an HSE Manager at our Seagoville, TX facility – conveniently located in the Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) area.
The HSE Manager reports to the President of Rockwell American and provides overall HSE leadership and guidance for the Company. This role is critical to driving HSE excellence across the multi-state sites. Effectively implement Company’s HSE Management System. Integrates environmental / safety compliance and management systems into manufacturing operations. Champions operations excellence by showing employees how their actions connect to Company’s HSE vision and create long term value. Participates in Strategic Planning Process, track metrics, provide leadership and training, meet day to day environmental / safety requirements, drive continuous improvement of the company’s environmental / safety management system, and coordinate with other facility / corporate environmental / safety resources. Provides a good foundation and solid understanding of major environmental and safety regulations and represent the facility during environmental / safety agency inspections.
The HSE Manager will perform the following essential duties:
- Maintain environmental permits (air, water, wastewater, and hazardous waste) includes: renewals, required reporting, permit modifications, and required notifications.
- Conduct environmental audits across the multi-state sites.
- Compete reports required by permits and coordinating monthly, quarterly, and yearly HSE compliance forms to facility and corporate management.
- Research new applicable information via internet searches, seminars, and conferences.
- Maintain all required environmental policies, procedures, and plans.
- Address any environmental concerns with the facilities.
- Provide support for customer requests regarding chemical use and product content.
- Provide support with hazardous industrial waste disposal.
- Lead sites with participation in the environmental stewardship initiative programs.
- Responsible for liaising with industrial trade associations and government agencies.
- Responsible for staying up to date with regulatory changes and technology.
- Ensure sites are comply with government (OSHA and similar agencies) safety regulatory compliance requirements, e.g. machinery guards, interlock systems, etc.
- Responsible for staying up to date with safety regulations and informing management of changes.
- Ensure sites are conducting safety training for all employees, including new hires.
- Develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) and revisions.
- Ensure facilities have a plant safety committee and assist in the safety committee members’ development.
- Conduct safety audits across the sites.
- Track and maintain accident records and completed reports required by law and company policy, including first aid and near miss reports, accident investigation, etc.
- Conduct accident investigations.
- Responsible for implementation of behavior modification and similar programs.
- Develop procedures to comply with all government safety and corporate safety programs, e.g., energy control, confined space, emergency evacuation and fire drill, hearing conservation, personal protective equipment, powered industrial trucks, contractor safety, and other programs.
- Maintain monthly accident analysis for the Company’s facilities.
- Set facility safety goals, e.g. Zero Accident Goal.
- Attend and participate in all corporate, insurance, government, Fire Marshall, etc. safety inspections.
- Attend safety conferences and seminars to improve safety knowledge and skills.
Other duties as assigned
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, chemical, or related science field, or a comparable degree and at least 10 years of HSE experience in industry. Minimum of two (2) years environmental management experience in an industrial environment. Minimum of five (5) years safety management experience in an industrial environment. An equivalent in combination of education and experience will be considered for the total years of HSE experience.
- Interpersonal skills to engage at all levels to build rapport throughout the organization.
- Strong influencing skills with the courage to confidently express an independent point of view.
- Experience in educating plant managers in the HSE area. (safety, air, water, hazardous waste, etc. regulations).
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, spreadsheets, risk assessment modeling, PowerPoint, regulatory agency on-line reporting.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Travel between Seagoville, Royse City, Azle TX plants on a routine basis – Plants are about up to an hour and a half apart in the DFW area.
- Travel to the Plant City, FL plant on a monthly basis for 3-4 days per trip.
- Travel to distribution centers on as needed basis.