HSE Manager job in Shanghai
Job Ref: 281613BR
The purpose of this role is to provide: geographical/divisional HSE Support to ESO HSE China Region and support ESO to meet and maintain the expected standard of HSE resilience across its operational portfolio.
• To manage the up-front HSE due diligence assessments of new Third Parties according to “Novartis Supplier Code”, TPRM requirements and ESO own high standards
• Advise the Business Commercial team on “Smart Risk Taking Strategies”
• Agree and ensure suitable levels of HSE support across the ESO Regional Portfolio
• Support the Supplier Relationship Teams to drive continuous improvement programs of suppliers with regards to their HSE risk profile, and Supplier Segmentation Classification to stay ahead of regulatory advancement and optimise operations with “Green Economy Projects”.
• Support feasibility checks and transfers
• Pro-actively monitor and interpret HSE regulations in order to support continuous legal compliance.
• Support ESO with “China HSE Workshops” – working with external stakeholders of our key suppliers in order that our supply portfolio helps Novartis to achieve its Environmental and Sustainability Aspirations.
• Support Novartis systems to verify compliance with HSE relevant responsible procurement commitments
• Executes risk assessments of selected business critical 3rd party suppliers
• Contributes to the overall 3rd party supplier improvement program
• Follows the TPMR audit processes, standards, and ensures tracking of findings to support supplier oversight on HSE aspects
• Summarize key learnings and share where appropriate in the Region and within ESO
• Executes the HSE up-front due diligence assessments of new 3rd party suppliers as guided by the Global Head ESO HSE, leading the business to “A Sensible Risk Taking Approach”
• Drives and develops the HSE improvement plan for selected 3rd party suppliers by providing guidance and coaching of suppliers senior management and HSE teams (according to supplier segmentation model)
• Reviews and monitors HSE relevant national legal landscape ; liaise with the Global Regulatory Compliance Committee
• Provides input into Procurement, External Supply, MS&T processes for sourcing and transfer strategies and decisions
• Shares best practices between the various 3rd party supplier and own internal Novartis TechOps sites
• Reviews and monitors HSE relevant events at the supplier’s base
• Contributes to develop and maintain a 3rd party risk portfolio supporting HSE and Business continuity management risk and opportunity assessment
• Ensures regular HSE training of all internal people involved in 3rd party process in the country and region
Key Performance Indicator(s):
• On-time management of up-front due diligence assessments
• Timely escalation of delayed remediation plans
• HSE Risk Profile input
• Implementation of Smart Risk Taking Strategy
• Legal compliance
• Graduate in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering or post graduate
• Diploma in Industrial Safety
• Certified HSE auditor by training through internal course from reputed organization or Lead Auditor for ISO
• English – fluency in oral and written Other relevant national languages (should be able to speak with local suppliers)
• 5-10 years HSE work experience in chemical / pharmaceutical industry
• Should have conducted at least 5 HSE audits as lead auditor or 10 audits as co-auditor for HSE management system including local legal regulations
• Procurement – Supply Chain experience would be advantageous
Technical / professional knowledge and skills:
• Certified HSE auditor – professional
• HSE local and international regulations – good
• HSE Management system – implementation – good
• Risk assessment and documentation – good
• Use of computers (Microsoft Office) – good
• Interpersonal and communication skills – good
Specific professional competencies:
• Certified HSE officer by qualification – university and diploma in industrial safety, professional certification and work experience
• Work experience as HSE auditor
• Willingness to travel 40-50% of available time
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply HERE
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.