About the Company
Presco is a fully-integrated agro-industrial establishment with oil palm plantations, palm oil mill, palm kernel crushing plant and vegetable oil refining and fractionation plant. It also has an olein and stearin packaging plant and a biogas plant to treat its palm oil mill effluent. It is the first of its kind in West Africa.
Presco specialises in the cultivation of oil palm and in the extraction, refining and fractionation of crude palm oil into finished products. Presco supplies specialty fats and oils of outstanding quality to customer specifications and assures a reliability of supply of its products year round. This is made possible by the integrated nature of the company’s production process. Presco is the Nigerian market leader for specialty fats and oils.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Manager
Department / Section: Health Safety and EnvironmentIn a specific way (Tasks – not exhaustive):
- Writing of HSE reports.
- Organise and participate in HSE training, sensitization, toolbox meeting, etc.
- Organise and facilitate periodic HSE committee meetings (CSST when required).
- Guide the committee to ensure that the H&S of the workers is protected (women health in particular).
- Collaborate with the gender / women welfare committee to address specific H&S risks for women worker.
- Management of fire risk
- Ensure that sufficient and appropriate PPEs are provided to all workers based on H&S assessment and enforce compliance with PPE rules and regulations.
- Follow up chemicals list and outdated products.
- Follow up on work accident, incidents, near-miss accidents.
- Conduct Investigations on the causes of accidents.
- Maintain healthy environment at work, factory and housings.
- Follow up medical activities and dispensary.
- Organize medical check-up (when mandatory).
- Pest control.
- Following the works related with ESIA and improvement of work environment.
- Follow important ecological areas into the plantation (swamp, buffer zones, conservation areas, BDP, etc.).
- Management of industrial and house waste (recycling).
- Obtain and maintain environmental permits.
Any other responsibility that may be assigned from time to time by C.O. O
Master’s Degree in HSE, Occupational Health & Safety or relevant field
- At least 5 years working experience in related field.
- Additional professional qualification in HSE and Fire Safety Management System.
- Working Knowledge in HSE systems and Audit techniques
- Training in HIRAC
- Ability to develop strategic plans and establish specific targets using logic and reasoning to resolve problems.
- Excellent report writing skills
Ability to think strategically and to change the status quo
- Ability to make effective presentations.
- Ability to coach and mentor others and be enthusiastic about seeing others grow.
- Ability to monitor performance effectively.
If you are interested and qualified, send your CV via WhatsApp to the number below: