HSE Manager Job in Nigeria at Fortune Global Shipping & Logistics Limited
Job Type: Full Time
Fortune Global Shipping & Logistics Limited is a wholly Nigerian owned company incorporated in 2006 to provide seamless shipping & logistics services to esteemed customers. This has remained the vision of FGSL since incorporation but the dynamics of our services has evolved over the years.
Responsible for establishing, developing and implementing organizational safety programs as well as managing all Health and Safety issues in the company.
• Developing and implementation of Health and Safety Plans and Policies in the company.
• Develop and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and Safety.
• Inspect equipment and facility to observe possible unsafe conditions.
• Report on health and safety issues, promote HSE programs, and report on statistics.
• Conduct safety inspections and participate in both internal and external audits to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Advise on strategies to improve health and safety performance in the company.
• Ensure that the work environment, tools and equipment meet industry standards and HSE Standard requirement.
• Organize HSE meetings and training regularly.
• Monitor HSE compliance of vendors or other third parties in all operations.
• Provide advice on measures to minimize hazards and unsafe conditions in the workplace.
• Continually maintain an appropriate level of HSE awareness, knowledge and culture across the organization including development of safety team.
• Any other duty as maybe assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or HND in any related course
• Relevant HSE certification; NEBOSH, HSE 1, 2, 3 certifications.
• Proven experience as a Safety Manager.
• At least 5 years industry experience
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be proactive
• Good Knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
• Proven experience in Oil and Gas Logistics, EPIC and EPC companies
• Strong attention to detail
• Proven experience in conducting both internal and external audits for Oil and Gas companies, EPIC and EPC companies,
• Ability to multi task