HSE Manager Geometrics Synergy Services Limited Lagos
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: Degree
- Experience: 7 years
- Location: Lagos
- Deadline: 28 February, 2018
About Geometrics Synergy Services Limited
Geometrics Synergy Services Limited (GSSL) is an indigenous petroleum products sales and marketing company with offices in Lagos, Abuja, Yola, and Maiduguri. In view of its recent strategic direction to broaden its scope of operations, GSSL invites applicants who are interested in joining us in our mission to becoming the undisputed leader in the downstream oil and gas sector of the Nigerian economy.
- Design and implement a health, safety, and environmental program.
- Enforce compliance with the company’s HSE policy, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and in conformance with company and regulatory safety regulations
- Carry out risk assessments and recommending how to reduce risk in the workplace.
- Report and investigate accidents/incidents and near miss incidents and recommending corrective action plans.
- Prepare periodic HSE reports, recording and analyzing HSE data and statistics related to HSE performance.
- Facilitate internal and external HSE audit and facility inspections.
- Schedule and facilitate regular HSE meetings, trainings and induction on safety policies and practices, accident prevention techniques and accident reporting for employees, visitors and contractors.
- Inspect assets and facilities in the organization to detect existing or potential accidents and health hazards.
- Ensure that required PPEs are in stock and issued to employees accordingly.
- Maintain and ensure effective documentation and record management.
- Identify all unsafe practices and conditions at all work locations and make recommendations where applicable.
- Document all non-conformity arising from audits, facility inspections, HSE meetings, drills etc. and monitor close out.
- Inspect and service all firefighting, safety and emergency response equipment within the company.
- Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency. Maintain records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements.
- Prepare training materials and publishing periodic safety newsletter.
- Conduct risk assessments and designing risk mitigation measures.
- Implement emergency response procedures and evacuation plans.
- Provide guidance on all HSE related matters.
- Any other duty assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any other relevant degree.
- Minimum 7 years working experience in Oil & Gas / Aviation Industry with at least 4 years in Managerial position (downstream or upstream operating environment with offshore and onshore experience will be an added advantage)
- HSE Certification is mandatory
- Working experience with ISO9001 / OHSAS standards
- Understanding of emergency response principles and implementation.
- Accident / Incident Investigation Skills
- Advanced knowledge of industry practices, regulatory agency requirements and standards
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office package
Method of Application
Applicants should send an updated copy of their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants are to state job title as subject of the email
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Health and Safety Officer Mercury Drill Lagos, Nigeria | Apply