HSE Manager Garden & Pet United States
Work Location: MO – Greenfield
Job Code: 4825
The Pennington Seed location in Greenfield, MO is hiring an experienced HSE Manager. This position is responsible for the Health, Safety, and Environmental Control processes and programs to meet or exceed all federal, state, city, Central Garden and Pet, and other applicable laws and/or regulations. This role will drive and manage the continuous improvement HSE projects, working as a proactive business partner to the many facilities and departmental functions at the Greenfield campus.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Responsible for the research, analysis, development, training, and implementation of programs, policies, and procedures that continue to maintain a safe work place.Applicable areas of concentration include, but are not limited to: Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Compliance, Development of an appropriate Risk Management program and related procedures, Industrial Hygiene Program and Workplace ergonomics and injury minimization programs and policies.
- Responsible for the research, analysis, development, training and implementation of programs, policies and procedures that continue to protect the internal work environment and external environment.Applicable areas of concentration include, but are not limited to: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Compliance, NFPA Compliance, Environmental Regulations, Emergency Response Program Development, Waste minimization and disposal control programs, policies and procedures, Department of Transportation (DOT) Compliance, and other ad hoc assigned projects.
- Responsible for Compliance Assessment, which could include surveys, inspections, and audits or other assigned projects/sites; assessing the level of compliance to established policies and procedures; working collaboratively with department managers on continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for the research, analysis, development, training, and implementation of risk management program; determine the next level priority of risk mitigation programs, procedures and policies that need to be developed and implemented to mitigate identified risks.
- Responsible for management of the approved operating safety budget; manage direct report(s).
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- 15+ years of related work experience in Plant Operations and Safety Management.
- 20+ years of supervisor experience in manufacturing facilities
BA or BS in related field, preferred
Consumer packaged goods experience, preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Self-starter, high level of accountability
Critical thinking skills, ability to “connect the dots”
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience presenting training to all levels of the organizations.
- Strong communication skills; written, oral and formal presentation.
- Sense of urgency and ability to drive projects to completion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.