HSE Manager Ethopia – Salini Impregilo Spa
Location: Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
Company: Salini Impregilo Spa
About the company
Salini Impregilo is an industrial group specializing in the construction of major, complex projects, a dynamic Italian company capable of competing with leading global players. Operating in over 50 countries with 35,000 employees, a turnover of around € 6.1 billion and a backlog of € 37 billion*, Salini Impregilo is a global player in the construction sector and the leading global infrastructure company in the water segment. The Group bases its activities on a strong passion for construction which is reflected in its wealth of international projects. Dams and hydroelectric plants, hydraulic works, railways and metro systems, airports and motorways, civil and industrial buildings are the sectors in which the Group has been operating in for over 100 years.
The HSE Manager will guarantee, for the project, that the safety requirements set by the contract are abided by and that the organisation correctly applies the operational procedures defined in the project’s Quality, Environment and Safety Plan.
He/she will also be responsible for preparing and reviewing the Health and Safety plan, as well as for verifying that the project’s functions correctly abide by the operational procedures defined by the plan.
In particular, the HSE Manager on the project’s worksite will:
- contribute to preparing the HSE Plan;
- prepare and update the Safety and Health plan, collaborating with the HQ services, in compliance with the Safety and Coordination Plan;
- participate in the meetings concerning health and safety safeguarding topics;
- verify if the preventive and protective measures, envisaged by the Safety Plan are applied;
- propose worker information and training plans;
- guarantee that the Health and Safety Plan is abided by and known by all personnel involved in the project;
- periodically inspect the worksite to guarantee that the Health and Safety measures are adequately applied;
- prepare and distribute reports regarding inspections made to the worksite, according to competence areas and responsibilities, adequately registering everything;
- organise meetings, at regular intervals, with the site’s personnel concerned;
- draw-up reports related to accidents concerning people, things and property, adequately registering everything.
RequirementsHSE Manager Ethopia – Salini Impregilo Spa
- 10/15 years of experience in the same position.
- Civil Engineering University Degree or equivalent
- Experience in dam/hydroelectric project.
- Good knowledge of plants, machinery and personal protective equipment
- Knowledge of risk analysis and assessment techniques
- Good knowledge of the main IT software packets, particularly of Word and Excel
- English knowledge mandatory
The ideal candidate must also display strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work in teams, and a flexible, results-orientated approach.