HSE Manager ABB Egypt
Job Type: Full Time
As a HSE Manager you will be a part of the Electrification Products Division and Business Unit Distribution Solutions based in 10th of Ramadan, Egypt. You will be responsible for leading a team of HSE Specialists (in Local Division (or) Local Business Unit, Hub (or) Project) and contribute to improving Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance in the respective organization to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on the environment.
Supporting the business by applying in-depth HSE knowledge to offer solutions and advice. Facilitate delivery of support from the Center of Expertise (CoE) and ensure effective risk management through HSE excellence along ABB’s value chain.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
1. Metrics Reports HSE incidents: Feeds back on lessons learned and best practice from own unit and across ABB to management and employees. Reporting on HSE performance and progress on implementation of ABB Group Sustainability objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) to ABB Group, as required.
2. Regulatory compliance Implements policies and standards: Ensuring area of responsibility is audited according to program for audit. Assisting line managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and ABB Group policy, instructions and standards. Supporting compliance with human rights, security and crisis management processes.
3. Risk management: Facilitating HSE risks assessment by line management involving shop floor employees, i.e. those directly concerned by the hazards, and ensures all processes are implemented.
4. Continuous improvement: Driving behavioral change through implementing Group-wide performance improvement programs and practices locally to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on environment throughout the respective organization.
5. Communication and engagement: Engaging external (e.g. customers, suppliers and other stakeholders) and internal stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on ABB’s HSE efforts and performance and obtain objective feedback. Cooperating with other functions, the CoE and business partners to drive performance.
6. Budget: Participating in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints.
7. Operational support: Ensuring appropriate HSE equipment and tools are available and used. Identifying, planning and initiating training need, e.g. for employees, site managers, contractors, site managers, and facilitates delivery of support from the CoE. Driving and ensures compliance with Group management systems.
8. Project management: Contributing to and/or plans and executes Health (and/or) Safety (and/or) Environment performance and Corporate Responsibility related projects. Developing and reports on project objectives. Managing project resources such as manpower, financials and other relevant factors.
9. People leadership and development: Ensuring that the area of responsibility is appropriately organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guiding, motivating and developing direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies.
As an ideal candidate, you should have a Bachelor Degree in Science, Medicine or Engineering (OHS Management Certified) with 10 Years’ experience in Industrial HSE. Knowledge of ABB SAP & REMSEC Systems. Proficiency in spoken & written English and Arabic is required.