HSE Lead Shell Oil and Gas Egypt
Job Title: HSE Lead
Job Ref: 63390BR
Location: Cairo, Egypt
About Shell in Egypt
At Shell Egypt, we believe that people are our greatest asset. You will see that our commitment to your career reflects our drive to innovate on many levels. We are committed to supply the world’s need for energy in socially and environmentally responsible ways and our commitment to diversity will always be of paramount importance. Shell began operations in Egypt in 1911 and has been a steady presence and employer ever since. In addition, our social investment and development programmes attest to our commitment to make a difference for Egypt’s youth. Shell Egypt runs workshop-based sessions aimed at delivering today’s practical business skills to students through lectures and training conducted by experienced Shell hires, such as the “Step Towards Progress” (STP) at Cairo University; the “Annual Conference for Engineering Students” (ACES) & the “Give and Gain” programme at Ain Shams University, the “Real Life Project” at the American University of Cairo and the “Al Amal Programme” (Hope Programme).
The JV Corporate HSE Team Leader proactively promotes the implementation of Rashpetco’s Safety, Health and Environmental Policy and its Management System within the JV and any activities carried out on its behalf by Contract Partners.
- Accountable for driving the implementation of integrated HSE Management Systems (MS) and tools.
- Accountable for the provision of expert advice for HSE assurance and auditing and continual improvement through fine tuning of systems to ensure JV complies with best practices.
- Provides expert HSE advice and consultancy for operations, drilling and projects. Interprets Corporate Shell HSE goals within the JV context.
- Develop and deliver HSE plans for the JV Corporate HSE Department.
- Develop and lead a journey of safety culture change from reactive to proactive stage through persistent observation, intervention, and constructive feedback. Work strategically to promote the safety culture across Rashpetco through building a robust HSE leadership program for all Rashpetco General Managers.
- Develop and provide input to the maintenance of Rashpetco HSE Management System to achieve ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 certification.
- Lead the development and implementation of the risk management process on all Rashpetco’s facilities to manage and reduce risks to ALARP.
- Develop performance standards to measure the successful implementation of the contractor management process in line with Rashpetco HSE management system.
- Develop and manage the HSE assurance program to ensure that HSE issues are being adequately identified and managed. Ensure that safety and environmentally critical barriers in the JV are being maintained to the required level of integrity.
- Develop and follow up an audit plan for HSE processes and operational activities
Develop a, positive safety culture shared by our contractors and focused on HSE excellence focusing on HSE Leadership.
- Develop and monitor company yearly HSE scorecard and follow up data collection, evaluation, trend analysis and reporting of HSE performance metrics.
- Monitor all accident/ incidents and Lead critical incident investigation providing an expert feedback on root cause analysis.
- Ensure development, review, implementation and update of corporate incident management plan. Organize trainings on the CIMP to duty managers and focal departments General Managers.
- Coach and mentor EGAS colleagues working in Corporate HSE department to enhance their capabilities and technical knowledge.
- Ensure HSE objectives are publicized and disseminated to all employees and contractors by way of presentations, workshops and training.
- Actively participate in Senior Management Meetings, monthly HSE committee meetings and technical committee meetings. Present Rashpetco Corporate HSE department in JV partners’ HSE meetings and EGAS monthly HSE meetings.
- Actively and visibly promote the HSE policies and the associated procedures by means of exemplary attitudes, open discussions and positive achievement of objectives.
- Deputize for the Deputy HSE General Manager in his leave periods or as advised.
The job holder will be responsible for the delivery of a professional HSE service throughout the whole of Rashpetco (jointly operated joint ventures) and meeting the demands of the key stakeholders.
- 15 years of work experience within petrochemical, oil and gas industries, including experience in HSE related work.
- Experience in teaching and applying the behavioral based safety approach to performance improvement of individuals.
- Hands on practical use of risk assessment techniques both qualitative and quantitative.
- Knowledge of Safety Cases and their development.
- Knowledge of national and international HSE legislation and standards for onshore and offshore exploration and production operations.
- Full command of all Microsoft office programs and the preparation of presentations and graphical analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of concepts and techniques such as: Safety, health and Environmental Management Systems; Hazard Identification; Hazard and Risk Analysis and Assessment; monitoring and improving Safety and Environmental Performance.
- Knowledge and understanding of Driving safety management
- Knowledge and understanding of Contractor HSE Management
- Knowledge and understanding of Marine safety management
- Knowledge and understanding of Lifting activities and controls
- Previous NOV experience would be preferred
- Must have a valid driving license
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education to minimum of degree level in Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Process or Mechanical Engineering.
- Education / qualification in safety and environment related topics to post degree level such as a NEBOSH Diploma or higher.
- Highly skilled in influencing without authority
- Good command of English and Arabic languages, both written and spoken
Interested and qualified candidates should forward an updated copy of their curriculum vitae through the link below.