HSE Inspector Job in Abu Dhabi
Job Type: Full time
Job Ref: JR8716
We invite you to bring your expertise into play as you will assist the safety officer in training and conducting exercises on how to manage emergency situations. You will also oversees and inspects site conditions to determine if hazards are present and overcome those hazardous situations. To succeed in this role you must have technical Diploma, HSE specialized qualification from a recognized university preferably NEBOSH / ILO / OSHA/ IFE certification. Are you our new hse inspector? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our HSE department
As our new HSE inspector you will be part of HSE department of Building market and guide the Construction Management team in fulfilling their responsibilities towards building a safe work place through evaluating the work environment, assessing risks and execution of safety control measures. You will also ensure that construction workers are following established policies and safety regulations.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring that employees, laborer’s and contractors have a thorough understanding of how to work safely and without risks through tool box talks.
- Assist the Safety officer in re-induction of previous employees, contractors, Laborer’s and visitors.
- Assist the safety officer in training the site construction execution team
- Assist the safety officer in training and conducting exercises on how to manage emergency situations
- Support CM team in achieving compliance by site inspection and proposing recommendations to address any issues raised.
- Assist the safety officer during incident investigations and specific risk assessments
- Ensuring that the assigned site is compliant to all HSE policies and procedures by conducting site audits as per site allocation.
- Reviewing site safety and proactively addressing issues, if any, through joint site visits weekly with Sub –Contractor.
- Proactively understanding site activities in advance along with pre-requisite details that can be communicated to CM team, contractor, & procurement/ contracts department as detailed by the safety
- officer from the Look Ahead Program
- Monitor hygiene and sanitation of entire site, camp area, stores & cooking/washing area if any
- The safety inspector oversees and inspects site conditions to determine if hazards are present and overcome those hazardous situations.
- Assist in submittal of conformity report on daily, weekly and monthly audit report for the sites.
- Guide construction management team to rectify and submit conformity report within the given time frame with CC to Safety officer and HSE Manager.
- Highlighting safety gaps by raising EHS observations to contractors and construction management with CC to Safety officer, HSE manager and Project manager.
- Assist in close out of observation reports
- Minimizing unsafe acts or unsafe conditions at site by issuing of safety alert to construction management team.
- Ensuring HSE concerns are rightly addressed by the project construction management team daily by representing EHS in site progress meetings
- Advising construction management on logistics management, housekeeping standards, planning and organizing basic infrastructure, deployment and maintenance of construction equipment, garbage chute,
- road, fencing, access and egresses, auditing standard of labor accommodation provided on the site.
- Will assist the safety officer during safety investigation to determine root causes, what procedures may have gone wrong, and to gather the evidence necessary to identify the cause of the accident
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use
- Monitors the workers and activities from entering hazardous situations
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Technical Diploma, HSE specialized qualification from a recognized university preferably NEBOSH / ILO / OSHA/ IFE certification
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
- Promotes safe practices at the job site.
- Enforces and ensures compliance of safety guidelines.
- Assist in training and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
- Executes safety standards and policies as needed.
- Assist during emergency response drills.
- Monitors the workers and activities from entering hazardous situations.
- Responds to employees’ and workers safety concerns.
- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste.
- Serves as the link between site management and contractor / workforce towards communication and addressing of safety issues
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: willingness to stay up to date with new developments, negotiation skills problem-solving skills written communication skills the ability to use discretion and tact confidence and resilience.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.