HSE Engineer UAE – Borouge
Job Ref: BOR2391
Abu Dhabi Polymers Company Ltd. (Borouge)
Health, Safety & Environment
UAE – Ruwais
Full Time / Permanent
- The essential goal of our Corporate HSE is to strategically provide advice and sustainable implementation in the direction and technical support of Health, Safety & Environment. Administer and practice Corporate Social Responsibility for our Borouge Production and Marketing businesses.
Reporting to the Safety Team Leader, you will be part of Corporate HSE team and you will be responsible for:
- Developing and monitors the plant loss control program such as accident prevention, hazard analysis, and training and inspection program. Analyses accidents and recommends actions required to update the program to minimize recurrence; follow up the status of the actions & recommendations.
- Contributing to the development of plant safety, health & environment programs and ensures the availability of safety manuals, hazardous area instructions, safety materials, safety publications and posters, etc. Identifies area of unsafe working conditions and recommends improvements.
- Preparing and updates the safety inspection checklists and schedules for surveying plant facilities for assessment of hazards and pinpointing corrective actions. Includes identifying hazards, preparing action plans and following up on their implementation, evaluating results and presenting findings to the section head
- Proposing the specifications of safety equipment and materials to meet the protection requirement needed in the plant. Revises purchasing standards to ensure equipment and material purchased meet applicable safety codes and conform to the latest technology. Recommends preventive maintenance programs and associated procedures to ensure safety equipment and installations are kept in optimal operating condition, follow up of these programs.
- Participating in conducting plant comprehensive safety training program, and schedules their implementation. Develops and conducts advanced specialized loss prevention training programs for employees. Ensures that training aids are sufficiently available.
- Participating in studies of new projects and modifications. Reviews specifications of equipment and materials on site to ensure that safety and fire requirements are included.
- Participating in the HSE Plant, accident / incident investigation, and safety surveys, safety audits, etc.
- Compiling the monthly reports of the Department activities, accident / incident statistical data.
- Being a member in Facility Response Plan – HSE Planner during Emergency.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline and Specialization in Safety Engineering.
- Internationally recognized Health and Safety qualification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Health and Safety position, preferably in the oil / gas and petrochemical industries.
- Excellent Coaching Skills, with good ability to work effectively with other people and teams.
- Computer software user’s knowledge and experience.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English.