HSE Engineer Job in Kuwait
Job Ref: AL 01OO
Primary Location: KWT-Al Ahmadi
Employment Type: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Level: Experienced
Unposting Date: Aug 6, 2019
Reporting Manager Title: PD
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) has awarded WorleyParsons a 5 year $US 110m contract for the supply of Consultancy and Programme Management services related to the UNCC funded environmental remediation of the damages caused by the Iraqi aggression against Kuwait in the 1991 Gulf War. The contract serves to support KOC and the UN to achieve their goal
The contract aims to provide project management, co-ordination, planning, design, engineering, construction management, contracting, procurement, project controls and other services necessary for the remediation contaminated areas including wet and dry oil lakes, oil piles, and transfer of technology.
The new contract expands WorleyParsons presence in Kuwait which has grown the operation to over 400 people of some 20 nationalities. WP presently has a slate of projects under management at KOC under a previous PMC project. Each project is in the mega-project category.
WorleyParsons offers a good remuneration package with approximately 45 days of vacation per year. Kuwait is a tax free country with good infrastructure, International schooling and modern housing.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering
Minimum 8 years total post graduation experience
Minimum 5 years total post graduation experience in oil and gas
Minimum 5 years experience in same designation
Practical experience in identification and control of HSE issues on construction sites within Oil& Gas,Mining Operations, large Earth Moving or similar industries.
Experience in HSE reporting procedures and familiar with the safety hazards with common construction activities.
Locally available candidates in Kuwait are preferred
– To coordinate implementation of the KOC PMC Safety policies, HSE Management System and Project specific HSE Management Plans as they apply to the project. Ensure that the site complies with the relevant HSE Legislation and KOC HSE requirements.
– Develop and implement the project HSE MS.
– Develop and maintain Statistical data for the Project.
– Prepare reports as required for the WorleyParsons KOC PMC HSEQ Manager..
– Monitor the EPC contractor HSE Management System and provide advice and assistance to EPC HSE managers so they comply in a consistent way to reduce the risk to the project employees and the environment.
– Ensure the EPC contractors develop implement and maintain a specific project Risk Management Plan
– Ensure EPC contractor subcontractor selection (ITB) processes are developed and implemented on a timely basis in accordance with KOC expectations.
– Provide advice and guidance to the EPC contractor management team on HSE issues through the interpretation of KOC policies and statutory requirements.
– Ensure EPC contractors establish and maintain statistical data concerning all matters of health and safety, training programs with which to provide a basis for development of further health and safety activities, to highlight trends for future action.
– Monitor compliance with all Kuwait legislative requirements including the dissemination of information to PMC and EPC managers and employees regarding amendments/ additions to requirements as they come into effect.
– Review EPC contractor Safety Management System and advise of required changes.
Develop and maintain professional relationships with KOC, regulatory bodies and EPC contractor to foster the professional image of WorleyParsons.
Visit the project site on a regular basis to ensure interest and awareness of HSE is maintained, conduct regular safety talks and safety training sessions relative to the nature of activities being undertaken
Other key activities shall include but not be limited to the following:
Pro-actively visit site and with the EPC contractor implement safety measures-promote/ensure safe work practices
Ensure quality safety observation program is implemented and maintained on each site/project and ensure follow up on findings
Assist EPC contractor construction management personnel in identifying hazards and in planning and organising the work such that a safe working environment is maintained.
Assist EPC sub contractor Safety advisors and site management in the development and revision of specific site safety programmes.
Maintain a HS&E audit and assessment program for the location.
Carry out regular inspections of the work areas with the respective EPC contractor line manager and or HSE representative and prepare reports.
Disseminate safety information throughout the workplace via bulletin boards, posters, newsletters etc.
Assist EPC contractor line management and or construction supervisors in accident investigation process and report accordingly.
Develop and implement safety initiatives to continually improve, achieve and maintain stated safety performance and objectives.
Ensure HSE safety inductions are undertaken in accordance with the EPC contractor SMS requirements for all new employees of the company and its subcontractors
Monitor the availability and use of safety apparel and equipment.
Provide advice to the EPC subcontractor supervision on the development of project specific procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) training,
Advise subcontractor supervisory staff and employees in the implementation of strategies to identify and control potential hazards and in the use of the hierarchy of controls
Ensure all lines of communication on HSE-matters remain open and effective between all parties particularly KOC, WorleyParsons, EPC contractors and their sub contractors.