HSE Engineer Abu Dhabi
Requisition ID: 2018-24086
Work Location: AE-Abu Dhabi
Department / Discipline: Construction
Position Type: Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking to recruit a HSE Engineer to be based offshore on a 6 week on 2 weeks off rotation.
The successful candidate must be able to perform the below duties and responsibilities;
- Maintain and help control daily HSE practices through regular checks of work sites, ensure that hazards are identified, precautionary measures are implemented and relevant HSE advice provided.
- Ensure that project Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures are communicated to and regularly reinforced with site personnel.
- Promote safe working systems and procedures and monitor the proper application of the “Permit to Work” system, SIMOPS and associated Job Safety Analysis, as well as other approved project.
- HSE and contractor related policies, plans, procedures and guidelines.
- Review and provide comments regarding contractor developed HSE plans and procedures.
- Coordinate and participate in the provision of HSE awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications Prepare programs and arrange participation training sessions in conjunction with line management.
- Participate as member of construction site emergency response team, and provide first line advice to the designated Incident Controller and / or On Scene Commander concerning containment of emergency.
- Ensure that any project incidents are immediately reported to management and project HSES in parallel
Investigate all site HSE related incidents, including near misses, to an appropriate level. Analyze immediate and root causes, determine future action to reduce these occurrences
Promote, support and participate in HSE Observation Card (HSEOC) program.
- Prepare and maintain statistical records of project site HSE performance (eg, work-hours, leading and lagging indicators, etc) and communicate regularly with project HSE Advisor and the Abu Dhabi based project HSE Engineers and the project Safety Analyst.
- Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of HSE programs on critical operations/equipment and procedures at assigned location; present recommendations for improvement and follow-up their implementation.
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree / diploma (BA, BS or equivalent) or HSE related diploma certification.
- Minimum of 15 years work / industry experience (Oil & Gas industry experience desired)
- Minimum of 5 years HSE related experience in site construction, fabrication, installation and / or commissioning.
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent software.
- Excellent organizational presentational and training skills.
- Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken.
- Multi-lingual ability desired, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.