HSE Coordinator Canada – Razor Energy Corp
Location: Swan Hills, Alberta
Job Type: Contract
Razor Energy Corp. (the “Company”) is a public junior oil and gas company seeking to add an HSE Coordinator on a full time, 6 month contract basis.
This is a field-based role which will be located out of the Swan Hills Field Office and accountable to develop, implement, maintain and strive for continuous improvement of Razor’s health, safety and
environmental programs, policies and procedures. The position requires the commitment of creating a culture that meets or exceeds all related internal and external regulatory HSE requirements and reflects ‘best practices’ in industry. This role will also ensure all internal and external operational compliance
requirements are identified, monitored, corrected and reported.
• Works cohesively with field ops and will lead contractor and site reviews, audits and inspections on a regular basis in-conjunction with the production foreman;
• Ensures that employees and contractors in the field clearly understand the Company’s safety programs, as well as the consequences of failing to comply with established rules and regulations;
• Plans schedules and arranges all joint HSE committee meetings and maintain records;
• Ensures the company stays current with all government regulations pertaining to health and safety standards that may have an impact on Razor’s oil and gas operations;
• Apprises management and operations personnel of any health and safety issues that may impact the business and recommends programs and strategies that will adequately respond to these
• Investigates and tracks all safety incidents and infractions which involve personnel injury, property damage, theft and vandalism;
• Ensures compliance with Regulatory and Occupational Health and Safety requirements;
• Responds and reports on incidents and emergencies as required;
• Develops & manages the worker competency program;
• Conducts emergency preparation and response training;
• Coordinate environmental protection programs; and
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills;
• Capable of working with minimal supervision;
• Good verbal and written communications skills; and
• Experience with oil and gas software and SharePoint preferred.
• Related post-secondary education would be an asset but not required;
• Minimum of 5 years of related industry experience;
• Prior field operational experience is mandatory; and
• Experienced in emergency response and incident investigation.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. No agency referrals.
How to Apply
Submit an updated copy of your curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
Other Suggested Jobs