HSE Coordinator Canada – National Oilwell Varco
Requisition ID: 1800760
National Oilwell Varco is currently hiring a HSE Coordinator for the Manufacturing facility in Nisku.
The HSE Coordinator performs reporting, participates in conducting risk assessments, auditing, and implements and observes all HSE related activities and policies within a facility. They ensure that operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable provincial/federal Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental and Workers Compensation legislation, by integrating and implementing company and 3rd party HSE policies and procedures. HSE Coordinators interact with facility operations personnel to ensure a high standard of HSE policies, procedures and actions are being followed, and act as advisors to facility management, and oversees and facilitates the implementation of the NOV HSE Management System.
• Oversee incident investigations. In that role, the HSE Coordinator will be available for call out in an emergency situation. If the coordinator will not be available during a period of time, the coordinator will inform their manager that they will be unavailable.
• Provide HSE training to facility personnel, including management.
• Champion the Management of Change (MoC) procedure/process.
• Actively participates in frequent facility HSE walkthroughs, reviews and audits.
• Provide timely and effective liaison with all site personnel to review and address all aspects of matters related to company HSE principals.
• Facilitates and actions tasks that corrects and/or enhances the sites HSE compliance.
• Act as an advisor and resource to facility management for HSE matters.
• Liaise with facility management to ensure effective communication on all open action items.
• Develop and manage incident reports on a weekly basis.
• Conduct job-risk analysis.
• Maintain and file all HSE documents.
• Provide a variety of HSE related courses.
• Maintain recordkeeping and document control requirements as outlined in HSE Operational Procedures.
• Facilitate identifying Root Cause Analysis and follow up to ensure timely closure of Corrective Actions.
• Work closely with facility operations personnel to ensure implementation of HSE policies, procedures and actions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain contractor management requirements (ISNetworld, Complywork, etc.)
Qualification Requirements (Minimum Education and Experience):
• College or university degree in HSE or related discipline considered an asset.
• Safety and environmental training courses required.
• Experience in HSE topic specific courses (i.e.; Forklift Training, Driver Training, Crane and Rigging, etc.) is considered an asset.
• Related experience is beneficial.
• Proficiency in communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to work with all levels of employees including, shop floor employees, lead people, supervisors and managers.