HSE Audit Manager General Electric United States
Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters
Location(s): United States; Texas; Houston
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
In the role of HSE Audit Manager, you will:
- Drive culture of compliance and mindset valuing audits across BHGE through engagement with audit stakeholders, auditor training, and program execution.
- Drive improved compliance performance throughout BHGE, working across the matrix to leverage audit learnings.
- Manage the HSE audit program globally, collaborating with internal stakeholders (HSE, operations, supply chain, etc.) to develop annual audit plan, coordinate audits, track progress, analyze trends, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Support the development of HSE audit processes, procedures and protocols, and the communication of audit program requirements to stakeholders.
- Track progress and proactively engage with auditors and sites to drive timely completion of audits and timely closure of audit findings.
- Analyze audit data to identify trends, key learnings, future audit priorities, and opportunities for HSE program improvement.
- Prepare reports for use by internal and external stakeholders and in response to inquiries.
- Oversee HSE audit systems/applications.
- Identify auditor training requirements, maintain list of internal auditors, and facilitate auditor training. Serve as a resource to auditors in the field and review findings as needed to provide consistency in classification of findings and interpretation of requirements.
- Maintain current ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 multi-site registrations, and drive expansion to include combined BHGE.
- Interface with registrar, prepare submittals, coordinate audits with sites, proactive engagement on potential issues, report on progress to HSE leadership team.
- Identify regulatory changes and changes to internal policies and procedures impacting the audit program, and drive changes to the program to maintain industry-leading status.
- Represent BHGE on industry HSE audit groups as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HSE discipline field or engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 8 years of HSE experience including HSE auditing experience
Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- CSP, CIH, PE
Experience in (fulltime) managing audit programs.
- ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 lead auditor certification.
- Experience in working on HSE issues globally.
- Strong communication skills
Project management experience; demonstrated ability to drive initiatives
Proven track record of successfully and efficiently achieving outcomes in a matrixed environment and leading without authority.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
Evidence of the ability to set out strategic initiatives and the ability to operationalize these.
- Is a self-starter, requires minimal supervision, takes full accountability and has strong sense of ownership.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change in the organization.
- Upholds the highest technical and moral standards.