HSE and Logistics Manager Job in Kuwait – Shell
Job Ref: 114613BR
Employment Type: Full Time
Skillpool: Operational HSSE
Work Location: Kuwait – Al-Sahab
Job Expires: 30-Jul-2019
- Provide HSE leadership, coaching and support to Shell businesses in Kuwait, drive continuous improvement, ensure full compliance with the Shell HSSE & SP Control Framework/regulatory requirements and integrate individual ETSA/business HSE risks for country level overview/management
- Provide logistics services to Shell staff in Kuwait, particularly road transport for staff working under the three Enhanced Technical Services Agreements (ETSAs) with Kuwait Oil Company (KOC)
- Act as the road safety focal point for the Upstream Joint Ventures (UPN) line of business, providing subject matter expertise and support for UPN asset management teams and their non-operated ventures
The role is suitable for members of the Operational HSSE or Logistics skill pool, provided they meet the ‘Requirements’ stated below.
- Country Coordination Team – represent and champion HSSE as a member of the Kuwait Country Coordination team, integrate individual ETSA/business HSE risks for country level overview and management, attend inter and intra-ETSA meetings as required
- Safety Leadership – provide regular 121 safety leadership coaching to Country Coordination Team members (after completion of the Declared Future Workshop by end 2018), enable country leadership to successfully ‘lead’ their teams on Safety Day
- Shell Kuwait HSE-MS – maintain the Shell Kuwait HSE-MS, ensure its effective implementation and compliance with Shell HSSE & SP Control Framework and local regulatory requirements. Areas of focus for Kuwait include risk management (including exposure of Shell staff to customer site hazards), road transport, incident reporting, contractor HSE management and management of change.
- Planning – develop the annual Shell Kuwait HSSE improvement plan for Shell operated activities, including leading and lagging HSSE performance indicators and ensure alignment with the global (UPN and PTU) improvement plans
- P&T HSSE Passport System – act as coordinator for this system for ETSA staff performing field visits, including in-house training/awareness and ensuring the system is effectively managing the risks posed by customer site hazards
- Emergency Management – maintain the Shell Kuwait Emergency Response Plan, including provision of competent Duty Managers and an effective Warden and Person on Board (POB) systems
- Crisis Management – support the Country Chair with maintenance of the Country Crisis Management Plan
- PPE – act as Contract Holder for the PPE supply contract, ensure through direct reports the effective supply and distribution of PPE to Shell staff in Kuwait
- Competence Assurance and Development – through the direct reports coordinate the provision of locally provided, mandatory HSSE training (including Defensive Driver Training). Monitor compliance of staff with this training.
- Employee Welfare – through direct reports coordinate the provision of fire/life safety information for Shell staff residences and the Shell Health ‘Resilience’ program
- Office HSE (Shell Kuwait Corporate HQ only) – through direct reports provide support on office-related HSE issues (e.g. fire-fighting, first aid, legionella, evacuation drills, ergonomics, office safety walks)
- LOD1 Assurance – develop and implement an annual plan of LOD1 assurance to ascertain compliance with the Shell Kuwait HSE-MS and Shell HSSE & SP Control Framework requirements (Shell operated activities only)
- Health and Security – maintain connects with regional Shell Health and Shell Security staff, identify where their support is required and assist these functions with in-country implementation of risk controls (e.g. health and security risk assessments)
- Road Safety – promote road safety with KOC and at the national level, in accordance with the Country Social Investment Plan and External Relations
- Service Provision – with the support of direct reports and contractors, provide land transport people movement for Shell staff in Kuwait, as per the work scope agreed
- Standards and Regulatory Compliance – ensure that the logistics scope is implemented safely, in full compliance with Shell HSSE & SP Control Framework and local regulatory requirements. Ensure effective controls are in place and robust to reduce operational risks to ALARP.
- Performance Management – Develop and manage agreed performance measures around HSSE, effectiveness of resources (input) and efficiency of logistics output. Provide post execution data on performance, operational issues and improvement opportunities as critical input for continuous improvement.
- Contract Management – act as Contract Holder for land logistics contracts, fulfilling all pre and post-award responsibilities. Represent Shell effectively in the relationship building with logistics contractors and always protect Shell’s position.
- Work Stream Improvement Plan – annually develop and implement an improvement plan for logistics, in alignment with Global Logistics and Upstream strategic directions. Drive efficiency constantly to ensure Best in Class Operations.
- Spend and Budget Management – develop and own the annual budget for logistics. Periodically organise budget review through latest estimates (LE) exercise to ensure that gaps are identified and mitigated.
- Project Management – support the VP Kuwait in any required projects or initiatives by providing logistics inputs deliverables from opportunity framing, realization to implementation and sustainability.
- Credible safety leadership coach for the Country Coordination Team
- Passion about people development
- Proven influencing skills and ability to deliver through others
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels
- Strong leadership behaviours
- Strong collaboration and working across boundaries
- Strong change management skills
- Previous experience as a HSE Manager
- Previous logistics management/operations experience that includes land transport people movement
- Capable of designing logistics solutions, both strategic and tactical
- University level degree or equivalent
- At least 10 years experience in the oil and gas industry
- Discipline specific competences shown below